 Year / 2001 / 706
Re: Good photos of Jurassic Park III sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:20:20 GMT

jonathan lill at jonathanl@myriadweb.com wrote:

Go to:

http://filmforce.ign.com/jp3/pics.html

There are about four pictures and are much better than the ones found
yesterday at www.action-figure.com.

I quote:

Children ages 8 and up can bring to life the menacing Spinosaurus dinosaur
featured in the movie as he attacks a plane in a tree, which can also be
built into a boat. The set includes one cameraman, a pilot mini-figure and a
crane (suggested retail $34.99 US). The second set includes unique elements
allowing youngsters to build two Raptors and one Pteranodon dinosaur. This
set comes complete with three mini-figures, including male and female
“actors” and one cameraman (suggested retail price $19.99 US). The sets are
expected to be on store shelves in May prior to the release of the film.

Am I the only one who thinks these dinos look pretty lame? Ah, well, at
least the small dinos are made of bricks.

What's with the Pteranodon with no beak?

I know it's cheaper for production, but I really don't like the continued
use of the dragon arms on dinosaurs.

The spinosaurus body would be better, IMO, if it were made of bricks instead
of being one big SPUD.

I also have to wonder why they made a Pteranodon out of bricks when they
could have re-used the one from the Dino Island set. At least the head would
look better.

The plane is pretty good, tho, but I can't tell much about the tree.

$.02

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations