 Year / 2001 / 705
Re: Good photos of Jurassic Park III sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:36:31 GMT

The plane and tree set looks really cool since it seems like a good
realistic plane and a tall brown tree composed of bricks. Also I want to get
my hands on the Spinosaurus. The raptors and pteranodon don't appeal to me
as much but I like that Lego is encouraging kids to *build* dinosaurs even
as they introduce all these specialized dino-parts. The quonset hut-like
building doesn't look too interesting. It is mainly grey and green bricks
with a couple of fronds. And I couldn't care less about the cameramen and
moviemaker aspect of the sets.

I don't particularly like those new dinosaurs. The Spinosaur looks cool,
but I think the Raptors and the "new" Pteranadon look stupid. I liked
the Dino Island Dinosaurs. Maybe it's just me, but the pre-formed
animals seem more real to me. The new dinos in the Movie maker set look
like just what they're supposed to be-movie props. Ick.

The hut is cute. The tree looks interesting (I'm always interested in
new styles of tree building) but correct me if I'm wrong-Isn't it black?

My 2 cents.

Matt