 General / 27872
Re: It's here! 6773 Alpha Team Helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:41:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:

My guess is that it is
showing up in the helicopters because it's cheaper to just produce one
part, and does't really detract that much from the flexibility of the
set (i.e. the advantage of providing 2 or 3 separate parts vs. a single
part is outweighed by the cost of running two different moudling
machines).

Plus, when the LEGO-people are running their little ROI analyses to justify
creating the new part mold, showing as many uses as possible for the piece
has got to go a long way toward the bottom line.

Ignoring the cost savings of using existing molds probably figures into
these analyses as well.

Steve