 General / 27775
Re: It's here! 6773 Alpha Team Helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

Actually, I think this piece will find some good use. It has the
advantage that
it can be mounted stronger than the normal 2x2 tile with vertical peg. One
thing it might be usefull for is an alternate bogie plate for trains.

Yes! I totally agree. This piece is more than the sum of its parts. The
problem with the 2x2 tile with peg is that it does not have good adhesion.
While it's fine for holding light things above it like copter rotors, the
use in a train bogie is completely reversed, the heavy thing is above. For
that reason it shears off (comes disconnected) easily (in wrecks, when you
pick up a model, during assembly etc...)

I like trucks to stay on the cars during wrecks, it limits the excursions.

By having the 1x2 extensions molded integrally with the 2x2 tile part, you
can bury those extensions within the truck and you get the same adhesion as
you do with the bogie plate but with more flexibility.

This is a great part. I think the lesson here is not to rush to judgement on
new parts without exploring all angles. Maybe the designers had the same
shear problem I did! That rotor does look a bit bigger.

Now, the helicopter skid? That's a different story. I haven't found a good
use for it yet.

For people who dislike this part.. I'll gladly trade the three component
parts (two plates and the tile with stud) for this one part, quantity 10 or
higher only please.

++Lar