 General / 26741
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:31:02 GMT

Well said, Tim and Frank...

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:
"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

<snip>

It is instructive to look at other fan/hobby forums. The most productive
relationships between fans and their annointed companies happen when the
company embraces the fans as having valid ideas and in turn the fans try to
be more productive and less negative.

No one is calling for a shift to Pollyannaism. Constructive criticism is
good and valid and useful. But ranting isn't.

LEGO has reached a hand out to us. That doesn't mean we need to lick it, but
let's not bite it off either.

I would ask people to think about how their post is going to help (the
community, someone in particular, LUGNet, TLC, or whoever) before posting.
And if it's a rant, maybe a lego.rant *is* a good idea. The ranters can egg
each other on and the rest can ignore.

Some of the rants here help no one. Maybe they help the ranter feel better,
but that's it.

IMHO.

++Lar