 General / 26726
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
Jake-

My main concern is that things like this (partnerships and licenses) are
diminishing attention on the product that made LEGO what it is: the LEGO • brick.
What will this partnership with Microsoft do to improve the quality of bricks
and sets? As far as I can see, it does nothing, and to me that makes it a bad
deal. It seems to me that TLC's recent losses have coincided with an • increasing
emphasis on non-LEGO products.

While I agree, there is no evidence as to which is the cause & which is effect.
Did diversification cause cash-flow problems, or is it slated as a possible
solution? Do you have any light to shed, Jake?

Regards,

ROSCO