 General / 26727
26726  |  26728
Subject:
Health benefits of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:25:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After much research and years of experimentation, I have come to believe
that repeated and prolonged exposure to ABS bits can actually heighten or
stimulate certain physical abilities. For instance: eyesight. I've noticed
that I can walk into any toy store or department store and, from the corner
of my eye, at great distances, I can spot the smallest red, yellow, black
and white logo with those four letters we all know and love. The box can be
backwards, upside-down, sideways, in the wrong section or even hidden behind
other toys on the bottom shelf - it doesn't matter. My eyes train right in
on it, as if I had some sort of tracking device. Clearance sets seem to have
even more of an attraction.

"Creating" with Lego also seems to render sleep as unnecessary. I have spent
many a twenty-hour shifts at my dining room table sorting and searching for
that one piece or combination of pieces that will complete my vision just
right. In the morning I am completely refreshed and ready to do it again.

Prolonged exposure also seems to allow the fingers to become elastic in
nature. When necessary, they can stretch and/or become thinner for reaching
into tight spots to retrieve or install small parts.

I've been able to document these three. Has anyone else noticed any others?

"I'm NOT PLAYING, I'm CREATING!!"
Bill