 General / 1967
Re: 5600 (Radio Control Racer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:49:15 GMT

Mark Dittenber wrote in message <369AD087.954C08E3@ccm.tdsnet.com>...
I am trying to get more information about this this car.  Is the motor
more powerful than the 8735 Motor Kit or is it about the same?  I had
read somewhere that the kit did not have a lot of pieces.  Is this true
or is it easie to use the radio control part in other projects.  I am
mainly interested in the radio control part of the kit than the car.

This car probably isn't what you want then.  I played with one over the
holidays, as my brother (who is 7) received it as an xmas present.  It was
great for him, but not something that I would want.

Its basically a large, prebuilt, car with lego studs on the top.  It has
permanently attached wheels, so you can't use it as anything besides a car.
If you want to build radio controlled cars and trucks its great, but for
anything else its not so interesting.  My 7 year old brother thinks its the
coolest thing ever, so I guess that he is their target audience.

Luckily, Lego is planning on releasing a wireless control for Mindstorms (at
least according to things that I've read and heard).  This will probably be
more useful for the tinkerers among us.

alex