 Off-Topic / Fun / 1407
Re: 5600 (Radio Control Racer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:21:27 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <371cf203.148974798@lugnet.com>...
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:07:47 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

The isssue, my dear boy, is MQS [1].  The correct response is, "African or
European?"  The result is good humor:-)

No, the result is tired. No Monty Python quotes are allowed at all, or
we'd all be so swamped in them they'd lose any humor they had.

But that's the point.  Any time someone mentions one, everyone else is
required to add until the thread is 200 messages long and consists of
nothing but Monty Python quotes.  At least until someone throws in a random
(and somewhat obscure) quote from some other book and someone else
identifies it.  This then leads to a lengthy discussion on science fiction
novels, dilettante philosophy, libertarianism, and then degrades into a
religious flamewar when someone makes a lighthearted comment about God that
ticks someone else off because HOW DARE YOU MENTION GOD WITHIN 500 FEET OF
ME?!

Usually.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist