 Off-Topic / Fun / 652
Re: 5600 (Radio Control Racer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 05:36:18 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
I think I'm complete in a few Castle subthemes and I have all of the
good Launch Command sets, but completeness usually doesn't mean much
to me because just about every theme/subtheme has some sets that suck,
and I just have better things to do than spend my money on things that
suck.

I'm much more of a "buy the sets with the best parts as cheap as I
can get them, then get rid of what I don't need, including
boxes/instructions" maniac.  I think I've got the parts I want from 12
or so 6097's and probably 30 or more 6078's and 6087's, but I don't
know that I've ever built any of them, nor do I have all of the parts,
since I've sold off the ones I didn't need.

The only sets I bother keeping everthing from are the older ones I
acquire, like the 3 6071's and 3 6086's I have.  Even then, though, I
keep their parts in bins - the sets themselves mean very little to me.
Just a better wheat to chaff ratio with the older sets, good enough to
keep all the parts.

Ooo, how nearly biblical. Has anyone ever accused you of not being a
pragmatist? :) (and your wife doesn't count in this case) I'm not complete in
any theme or subtheme as I share a lot of your reasons. I'm sorta close to
being ResQ complete though not by my design, and I probably won't call s&h for
the ResQ hovercraft.

Hmm, though looking over my collection again, I find that I'm Bicycle
Messenger complete...

-Tom McD.