 Events / BrickFest / 3756
Re: BrickFest 2007 location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:11:54 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz wrote:

Another consideration is the existence of a local club (granted, Indy does have one, not sure how active).

Frank

As a member of IndyLUG, I would say that we are a very active club, having around 15 strong members and 27 total on our roster. We’ve averaged 7-9 public shows a year for the past three years. Along with the LafLRC, only 30-40 miles away ready to lend a hand, we could easily have 30+ locals ready to do what we can. I wanted to wait to post so that I could gather some thoughts from club members, and hope they don’t mind me volunteering them on their behalf.

Granted, we do not have a local LEGO brand store, but we are a major convention city. Our easy access accomodations have brought the Star Wars Celebration festival the last two of it three year run. The NCAA basketball championships and GenCon (gaming convention) have used our city for these reasons as well. We have a well placed convention center in the heart of the city, and many attractions and accomodations within walking distance.

-Jeramy