 Events / BrickFest / 3795
Re: BrickFest 2007 location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kirsten Lynch wrote:

If it moves to Atlanta, attendees have to deal with high prices and massive
traffic.

If it moves to Chicago, attendees have to deal with even higher prices and even
more traffic.  (I was there the week of this year's BrickFest and it was NOT
pretty up there with all of the road construction currently in progress!  It is
a multi-year project.)

I'm not sure exactly where in DC Brickfest is held, but traffic on the Capitol
beltway can be just as horrendous as traffic in Chicago or Atlanta.  We've
gotten to the point in the US where traffic just about anywhere is maddening.
Houston, Dallas, LA, Denver, San Diego, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis - they all
suck :)

If Brickfest were to come to Houston, I think that would be great.  I would
certainly show up for every single day, and even volunteer to help setup, etc. -
even though Houston traffic is a 5 billion megawatt nightmare.  Because it would
be cool.  Traffic be damned!