 Events / BrickFest / 3793
Re: BrickFest 2007 location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:55:20 GMT

Actually, Chicago has had a brick event for the past two years.  It's
called "House of Bricks" and while it isn't as highly attended as
Brickfest, those who have gone have had a good time by all reports.  I
was involved in HoB1, but not Hob2.

HoB could easily grow into *the* Midwest event given the right support.

Personally, I don't think Brickfest should move out of the DC area.  It
is and should be the Mecca of Brick Events, that which we all try and
make a pilgrimage to whenever possible.  Much like GenCon is the
premiere gaming convention and DragonCon is the premier SF con.

-Jon

If the location is changed, one thing I would toss for consideration is one
of the major airline hub cities. Having a non-stop flight saves a lot of
hassle. Of course Chicago then is a good choice there...