 Dear LEGO / 3852
Re: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:17:20 GMT

Absolutely the best castle book ever, for kids or grown-ups:

Castle, David MacAulay

-
Drew Croke
Proprietor, Lugged Mountain Outfitters
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=drewcroke
drew@drewcroke.com

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Ben Ellermann writes:

I would leave children's books:

"The Story of King Arthur and His Knights" by Howard Pyle
"The Story of Sir Lancelot and His Companions" by Howard Pyle
"The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur" by Howard Pyle

I think the affected old-style verbiage employed by Pyle is a turn-off for • many
kids.  My son won't read him even though he's interested in the subjects.

reading is extremely important for developing young minds

How so?

Chris