 Dear LEGO / 2845
Re: Going Against the Grain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Felix Greco writes:

The parts are "there."

"There" being eBay or another auction site. Classic Space parts are tough to
get in any kind of decent condition.

Me thinks that an easily available part ceases to be classic or collectible...

Just because a part is attainable from ebay or brickbay or any other source
does not make it "easily available".  There are many "rare" and desirable
parts out there, for a price of course.  Just because I have 3 Space
Cruisers or Istok has 10,000 classic windows doesn't make these items less
collectible or desirable.

And I do agree with some of the points on your original post.  I'm finding
many Wild West and Pirate sets up on ebay going for what I think are very
nice prices (for the seller).  These are sets I remember from as little as 3
years ago being on clearance at TRU and Caldor among others.  As long as
there are people coming out of Dark Ages there will be a market and demand
for discontinued sets.

I'm stopping here.  I think this is trailing off of the original intent.  I
have a habit of doing that.

junior