 Dear LEGO / 2840
Re: Going Against the Grain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:09:56 GMT

"Felix Greco" <felixisgr8@aol.com> wrote in message
news:G7L095.I5q@lugnet.com...

I hold little stock in nostolgia, and that is probably what differentiates
me from many of the other adult builders.  I liked the older themes, like
Blacktron and pirates, but those themes have been done.  I see the new
themes such as Life on Mars and Adventurers as new classics.  Indeed,  in a
few years, many will complain that those themes are gone.  The beauty of
this toy is that if you really enjoyed a certain theme, you can continue it
yourself.  The pieces are all there!  This was best illustrated by the
Classic Space Design Contest held here at Lugnet.

Interesting perspective you hold here - I don't think I've thought of it this
way before.  Granted, there are lines which will become classics (LoM) and lines
which will NOT (Insectoids) - for some of us, the sets seen now are the classics
of 5, 10, 15+ years from now.  And like you said - we can continue themes
ourselves because the parts are there.  Well said - a new perspecive I never
thought of!

-Tim