Subject:
A suggestion... (Re: A General Question About CW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 23:40:41 GMT

I figured I would revive this discussion as it regards Castleworld and The
idea of a capital, vortex commonplace, etc.

I still like the embassy idea...i'm a stubborn son of a brick = )

In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:

<A whole lot of SNIPPAGE>

Speaking for myself, I would prefer to build up my own city. However, I would
love my city to be part of CastleWorld. Also, I would invite fellow castle
fanatics to be a part of my city. Perhaps they don't have the right bricks to
build a cool house, or castle, or lair. I would be willing to use my pieces to
help build them a blacksmith shop, or windmill as long as they were
the "sponsor". That is, they get to run the Blacksmith, or windmill, provide a
story for their character, and interact with the rest of the city.
This way, somebody can be a part of a town, without having to build their own.

I have always harbored a hope for a cybernetic "capital city" or
"free-market" or "demilitarized zone" or "large seaport" (like a CW Mos
Eisely) where all balladeers could set up "an embassy", Inn, or
shop....basically, one small structure lcated outside each balladeer's world
where, theoretically, sig figs could gather and embark upon seperate adventures.

I guess what I envisioned, was a central/nuetral place on the CW map where
individual members and "guests" could locate a stucture/story (via the
internet magic)

Essentially, I am suggesting an expansion of the sigfig idea...a small
structure, house, etc. that can showcase your talents or serve as a jumping
off point into other realm/adventures theortically located amogst all the
other member's embassies...

For me, this would be a godsend, since my (Asian/Japanese) realm is
physically/culturally/theoretically far way from most others...

I view my suggestion as an addition to the ideas of sea vessels and magical
"Revolving Door Portals" and an alternative to some adventurers having to
spend years traveling to get to another realm.

I am kind of grooming characters that would be easy for other balladeers to
copy, so some of my people could do a "colin and Wanda" tour starting in the
heart of CW.

I don't know if this would be more or less cumbersome than 2 people getting
together.

The goal is to physically host the town in a single location, created by a
single "caretaker". The town is then "sponsored" out to LEGO castle
enthusiasts. Stories and news are written by the individuals, given to the
caretaker, who posts them on the website (town crier?).

www.trizeta.com coming soon.

-Kyle

I think a caretaker for CW "embassies" would be cool...I don't know if this
would add extra burdens or be easier for the "mayor" (webmaster) of the
demilitarized zone though = )

                     John