 Castle / 5548
Re: A General Question About Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:57:39 GMT

John, (and others reading)

Thank's for the encouragement of my ideas. The idea of "sponsorship" spawned
when my friend, a fellow castle lover, wished he could build a LEGO town, or
at the least BE a part of a LEGO town. That is when I referred him to
CastleWorld and then thought of some expansion ideas on a personal level.

Wouldn't it be great to goto a website, and help build a LEGO castle village
by merely sponsoring a portion of it? You get to pick your role in the
kingdom, choose what you want your minifig to look like, choose your house
(color, style), and choose how involved you want to be with the development of
the kingdom overall.

Of course, the bricks that made up the buildings and whatever else you
sponsored wouldn't actually be yours. It would be located along with the rest
of the kingdom in someone's basement, for example.

The sponsor would receive their own "page" on the site which included a
profile of their character, along with pictures of whatever they sponsor.
The sponsor can, at any time, develop stories about themselves and upload them
to the website.

Drawback:  The person responsible for building the structures will either run
out of pieces, or go broke.

Sponsorship: This is why I use the term "sponsor". What if the "master
builder" can post what pieces he needs to complete a sponsor's building. This
way, other members in the kingdom could "donate" pieces to help complete
another sponsor's stucture.

I'm not sure if fellow enthusiasts would embrace this idea. Thoughts? I mean,
we all seem like a great group of people, but I know how it is when it comes
to our own personal collections.

Interesting point...this has the potential to broaden CW...I think your
suggestion would benefit Space or Town People, for instance,  who don't want
to cannbalize their other theme creations, or have "Castle" parts and access
to a digicam.

Kinda like the renaissance, when artists, painters, et al. had
patrons/sponsors who funded their endeavors or provided housing and
supplies.

I think your idea/format offers possibilities...BUT, I think if this is
something you want to do through your site, you might want to work-up some
examples for others to follow.