 Castle / 5531
Re: A General Question About Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 05:45:05 GMT

Shiri, binky, and Craig

Well first off let me thank you all for your deep insights and thoughts on my
questions.  I appreciate you each taking the time (ecspecially Shiri and binky)
to give me thoughtful and detailed answers.  I have a much better
understanding now of what CW is all about.  I particullary like binky's
comparison to comic book cross-overs (being that I'm a HUGE Captain America
fan).  It seems that short term storyline cross-overs may be the best way to
achieve good storylines and still maintain a good degree of individual control
over your story and characters.

I guess I was moving down the trail toward the idea of someone (or group of
someones) becoming the dark overlord (or queen as the case may be) for Castle
World and focusing their energy on developing dark, nasty characters and
structures while others focused on perhaps the good side of things.  In terms
of resources that seems to make sense because then you could focus on
obtaining one particular type of mini-figs (like all Fright Knights, or all
Black Falcons etc...).  In my younger days I used to take part in quite a bit
of Lead Miniature Fantasy Wargaming and it was easier for the group that I
played with if different people focused on different types of armies so that
we could really reach a grand scale in a certain area (like a huge skeleton
army or a really nice collection of elves).  I tend to take the opionion that
I would rather specialize, focus my resources (aka. CASH), and build a really
specialized force (with accompanying structures) than have to dabble in 5 or 6
different areas and really never be able to do any of them the way I really
want (the price of being somewhat of a perfectionist).

While I can appreciate Shiri's idea of building, photographing, tearing down,
and building something new, I can't speak for anyone else but after I spend
several weeks (often longer) putting together something that really ROCKS I
hate to tear it apart.  It's just very difficult for me to do.  I guess I
would rather work on building the "perfect" (and I use that term VERY loosely)
castle or town and then use that in conjunction with other peoples "perfect"
structures to make one interlaced storyline.  Of course not being a techno
internet guy I'm not sure how to make that work from a computer standpoint.  I
guess this may only be possible if folks lived closer together and could join
in one place a couple times a month and put it all together.  I'm not sure if
that is possible to do in a CW format or not????

Now Shiri, I know for a while you were the caretaker of CW.  Is anyone working
up a map, and will that map contain all the stuctures on the site or will it
be and amalgamation (is that a word) of all the Balladeers sites???  Just
wondering.  Once again thanks for all your feedback and "HEY PASS THE BRICKS