 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *2607 (-100)
  LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

Finally, I have released the first beta version of my LDraw Animation System that supports the three new standalone [sub]scripts! To give it a go, download either (URL) on what you think takes less time. Then download (URL) unpack all files into (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Thanks for the input, Tim. I agree. Exponential functions for acceleration or fall would be nice to have. Sinus and Cosinus functions will make smoother walks. The best would probably be support for splines or maps, but that's way beyond my (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- (...) This all sounds very cool Tore. I may have to give it a go sometime. One suggestion to you is to allow for different tweening systems. Sometimes you may want something other than a linear tweening and it would be (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 Progress Report

I've changed priorities once again. The need of what I call standalone scripts have turned my todo-list upside-down. And the Tween command has made all the difference! After working all night, I finally made it work. That is, the first of the three (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Remix Lenin Entry

(URL) Hi, this is my entry for the Remix Lenin contest. Nothing special, just a little bit fog and radiosity. I'm not able to use the Lugnet colors - is this because I use POV 3.1g? Leg Godt Sven POV code: (URL) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin: Two weeks to go

After a very busy first couple of weeks the remixes seem to have slowed so I've decided to give everyone a nudge to get something in. Whether it's your first time rendering or you remember POVray 0.1 you're sure to have something to add to this (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Remix Lenin Challenge Entry on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg

Hey, I'm not a CAD guy so I can't comment on the techniques in any of these entries, but I thought this snow globe was a really clever twist on the challenge. I also didn't reallize that the wooden shelf was LEGO until I read the text. Very cool. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Remix Lenin Challenge Entry on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim Gould wrote: > {Posted on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg} > > (URL) > > (URL) > MPD> Hi Andreas, first I must congratulate you on the very nice and innovative rendering, and thanks for providing the MPD together with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Remix Lenin Challenge Entry on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg

Posted on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg (2 URLs) I finished my second remix, it is a lenin in a snow globe. There is not much snow inside the globe, but that doesn' matter. Like Zach Best's in his entry I rescaled some objects (downsized the statue (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Hmm... interesting. Count me in! :) -Matthew J (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Remix Lenin entry

(...) Haha! vey good one, this! Jeroen (still rendering...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Remix Lenin entry

And another, this one could be called "After..." (URL) area light to get fuzzy shadows, a little fog to soften the horizon edge (and make the sky a bit more polluted). Model modified with MLCad. (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Raytracing Challenge Entry on behalf of Zach Best

Posted on behalf of Zach Best (URL) Hello, I am not a LUGNET member, but I am a loooong time lurker. Currently I use Vue 5 for rendering purposes. (What I do can be similarly done in Bryce.) The Lego .dat file was converted using LDRAW2LWS (the only (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Remix Lenin entry

Love this! I like the crooked camera and simulated flash, as well as the fact that Joe's photo completely misses the statue. I really enjoy making computer graphics look more organic... fun idea (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Remix Lenin entry

And here's "After the storm" (URL) Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) I don't think you need to write a "how to do this" tutorial. Nowadays, with google and the online tutorials, it can be a big help just giving the names of some of the tools you use. Often fining out how to do something is easy once you know (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin entry

I imagine this as "Joe Vig's tourist photo of the Lenin statue" (URL) L3p + manual editing in the .pov file. Nothing fancy. (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) Looking at my challenge entry, I realize that no one will learn anything from it... I'm pleased with the results, but it feels like a bit of a failure, because I can't give a good lesson on how the look was achieved. I tend to get very carried (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) Thanks Jan. You've summed up pretty much why I wanted to make it: for education. It's a great way to learn what other people use and to encourage yourself to find out new tricks which you can then share. Tim (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

I totaly *love* this idea of challenge annex competition! It's been a while since I last rendered a scene and have to regain my skills. I have some idea on what I want to create, but it will be hard to do. All entries so far are absolutely beautiful (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin Challenge Entry

(3 URLs) One more version, without the text.> The last render remixes I made were realistic and quite gritty looking, so I decided to do something smoother, flatter (in terms of realism), and more like an illustration. Click the links to see the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin Entry

heres my entry, bit easy, one light, & fastrad (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: The Minifig Macro 1.2 Released

(...) /Tore (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: The Minifig Macro 1.2 Released

(...) Different person's project: (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: The Minifig Macro 1.2 Released

(...) Whatever happened to your most promising LMM project? /Tore (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Remix Lenin Challenge Entry

This is a very basic render, nothing fancy, just radiosity, hdri and a slight focal blur: (URL) use a lot of includes, but I'll try to make a comprehensible .pov-file out of them, and post it in the same folder. But basically, anyone should be able (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  The Minifig Macro 1.2 Released

I've updated my Minifig macro! I've also renamed it to "James' POV-Ray Library" because it includes more than the minifig macro. (URL) new additions: - All minifigs created with the macro take advantage of the walk code. - 91 ready to use official (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) Thanks! I extracted all my .zip files again, from 0205 to 0501 and now all the parts are there (should have thought about that myself...) Time to start POVRay... (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Remix Lenin Challenge Entry: Lenin in the snow

--SNIP-- (...) Any macro is perfectly valid. If they do not have a copyright which allows republication (such as Creative Commons or GFDL) then you must provide a link to the macro if submitting as a contest entry. Tim --SNIP-- (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin Challenge Entry: Lenin in the snow

Posted on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg (3 URLs) Hi Tim, I was actually lurking around the povray pages to see, what I can learn next, when you started the contest/challenge. And I stumbled over a macro by Gilles Tran which generates kind of snow on (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Slight change of rules: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) I have been made aware that perhaps making this rule a little but more flexible could add to the creativity. As such, please read the following altered version. Original model must be kept mostly intact and in its original colours. Some (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) I recommend you update your library by downloading the Complete Updates Rollup file. Since you missed 0206 you never know what else you may have missed or inadvertantly deleted. -Orion (19 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) That part is a shortcut to a complete turntable. According to the part it was in the 2002-06 update so you should have it. (URL) Here is the part> if anyone else has problems. Tim (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

(...) Any idea what update I may have missed? (I have 0205, 0206, 0301, 0302, 0303, 0401, 0402, 0403, 0404, 0501) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  PS

When I first uploaded the ldraw file it included two green 8x16 baseplates. I have removed these and uploaded the new version. If you got this model before I removed the baseplates then please feel free to remove them. Tim (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Remix Lenin Challenge Entry: example entry

Tim Gould's example entry to the remix Lenin challenge. Feel free to use this as a guideline for your own entries. (2 URLs) POV source> Techniques used: Radiosity from rad_def.inc (radiosity_OutdoorLQ), Colours from lugnet_colors.inc (called from (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin

Hi all, After sounding out opinion I've decided to run this as both a challenge and a competition. My reason for this is that I don't want to discourage people from submitting models which they fear won't win but I also realise that for some people (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hi again, I will announce the rules and MPD sometime this afternoon or evening (GMT). Tim (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hejo, sounds very good to me. I have some ideas: - I'd like this to have little or no threshold for people to join in. - A competition would be fun, but that results in the need to have a jury, a deadline, rules and so forth. - I think that everyone (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Sounds interesting, Tim... I'll give it a go. When are you planning to release the MPD file? Adrian (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I would love to participate. (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I'll make sure it's not a spaceyship either Al. Tim (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Good idea. I'd join in, as long as the model's not a goddamn train. a (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) My draft rules certainly accomodate that. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Yes please, with cherry on top! (URL) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I've never seen that post before. Great minds think alike ;) Does it mean I can count you in? Tim (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

I once had this idea and mentioned it here, but no response. (URL) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) Count me in. Jeroen (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) My main intention is to get people to push their own limits and help others in the meantime. I would try to make it quite open so that people can try out postproduction, layout and other tricks as well as rendering. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

(...) I would like to participate in this challenge, but since I have relatively little experience in this area, my rendering would probably look the same as a hundred others. If the intention is for more experienced renderers to show off what they (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Is there interest in a raytracing challenge?

Hi all, Would anyone be interested in a raytracing remix challenge? My idea is to provide a relatively simple MPD file and see what all us raytracers and renderers can do with it. Furthermore, I'd like it if the techniques used were described in (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing pearl

(...) Hi Sven, Thank you very much it looks very accurate. I think it's a great improvement and I'll add it to my colour definitions. Tim (19 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing pearl

Hi Tim, IMHO the suggested color is too coarse (is this the right word?). It needs to be more blotchy. My suggestion is: #declare Pearl_Light_Gray= texture{ pigment{ bozo color_map { [0.2 rgb <0.55, 0.55, 0.57>] [0.5 rgb <0.6, 0.6, 0.62>] } scale 10 (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing pearl

(...) Now, that's what I call a Pearl Script! *lol* (Sorry, couldn't stop myself) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing pearl

(...) Thanks for that Koyan. I already use that one and find it is not quite right to my eyes so I was hoping someone had tweaked it. Tim (19 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Raytracing pearl

"Tim Gould" <t.gould(AT@)lancast...c(DOT.)uk> wrote in news:ItAHyG.34w@lugnet.com: (...) I use this definition from Todd Lehman's collection: (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Raytracing pearl

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had a get texture defnition for pearl grey (like the 1x2 bricks with grilles in the Santa Fe cars). It seems to have quite different properties to other Lego colours. Thanks for any help, Tim (19 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) Sorry to hear that. There's a full world of time-wasting waiting for you :-) Maybe you should start 'in the other end', that's how I began rendering. Install the standard POVRay and play with that (no Lego, just plain POVRay) until you feel (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) Hi Darrell, This book is a great resource to put 3d computer artists in the right frame of mind to go from model to rendered scene. It is aimed at users of high-end packages such as Maya, but the meat is in the nicely explained theory. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

Both helpful and maddening, I've been trying for a year now.. What is your highest recommended tool? I've been working with Blender... (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) When I do my renders I try to imagine what the source for the light would be eg. desk lamp, overhead light, window and make my lights accordingly. It might be fun to try to capture that in your class. Even if you just used two lights and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) This is an interesting statement.. I find a lot of my beginning 3D students do not have a good idea of what their scene is supposed to look like. A lot of their renders have a "sameness" as well, as they have no real idea of composition, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote: snip (...) Hi Tim, That statement is just too true!! I myself feel still as a beginner (first rendering maybe 20 month ago). And I got some really helpful tips from Jeroen (digitalbricks.nl), but first I had to go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

John, that is my goal with asking a lot of questions about rendering and trying stuff myself. I like you have found it hard but I am hoping that once I learn how to create a nice render I can share the methods. Hopefully I can present it in such a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

Hi John, I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with ray tracing. I've tried to answer some points below. (...) The thing about rendering is that it is a combination of art and science. There are so many parameters to deal with and what looks good in (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) First, I would like to agree that there are quite a few nice renders out on Brickshelf and the various personal sites. Before I begin I do not want this to come across as criticism, but I have a few questions/comments to make about some of the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lego renders

Renderings like LEGO are within our capability. Have you seen the renders by Koyan here: (URL) are a few others that are also creating very nice renders. The secret seems to be figuring out the specific settings used to create very nice renderings (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need HDR shop

Wow, I wonder why mine did not work out as well as yours. Would you be willing to post how you did you render including your pov file, HDR file, and any other includes you use? Did you use radiosity in your render? - John "Tim Gould" (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need HDR shop

(...) Hi John, Managed to get it and did a trial run: (URL) an improvement on those without HDR (look through the gallery to see the other non-HDR versions) but I plan to start using proper HDR sky_spheres soon. Tim (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need HDR shop

Hi Tim, I have the program but I am currently at work. As soon as I get home I will email it to you. I would be really interested to know what results you get using HDRI. Hopefully you will be more successful then I have been so far. Maybe Koyan (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need HDR shop

(...) Site came back so I don't need it any more. Yay for HDR Tim (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Need HDR shop

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had the installer for HDRshop (for manipulation of HDR images) since the site seems to be down at the moment. I've just installed MegaPOV for the HDR image maps and need to convert a few photos I got from the web (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Hi Koyan, I have made an attempt to try HDRI lighting and I am not sure if I am doing things correctly or not. Could you look over what I am doing and let me know if I am doing anything wrong? Here is what I have done so far: (1) Installed (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Focal Blur in POV-Ray

I have two comments. First of all, I see in your non-blurred render that the POVRay you have doesn't have Lars Hassing's Torus Patch. Take a look at this page, where Lars describes the problem, and provides the fix: (URL) that the fix is included in (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMO...telia.com> wrote in message news:Is3u6q.1KpJ@lugnet.com... (...) That is a great tip Anders! That will save me a lot of time when tweaking lights. (...) Ahh, so if I am using four lights each light should (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Focal Blur in POV-Ray

I got this to work in POVRay 3.5. I am not sure if it will work for other versions. Here is a test render of Xpod set 4415 with focal blur: (URL) is the same set rendered without focal blur and with some slightly different light settings: (URL) is (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If you click the "More" button next to the 16 standard colour buttons, you get a dialog that displays all MLCad's colours. The colour box can be scrolled to reveal them. Hovering your mouse over a colour swatch pops up the colour name, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) You'll find that many of the colors on that list are already recognized by MLCad. For instance, if you type 383 in as a color number, and then hit Tab, it shows Chrome as the color name. Of course, this isn't all that helpful, since you had to (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) I usually write that as: 0.1*<1.0,1.0,1.0> which makes it much easier to adjust the brightness, especially if you're using coloured lights (or many lights). Remember that the sum of all lights used should be in the vicinity of 1.0, too much (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

Thank you for the info Travis. Is there a configuration file or a way I can enter all these color values into MLCAD so each time I use it the appropriate color names and color numbers are already in the MLCAD color picker? - John [SNIP] (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

OK, I think I found a partial answer to my question. It looks like I can cross reference LEGO part colors to LDRAW color numbers here: (URL) opens another question for me though. Is there a way I can change MLCADS color list so that it will have all (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If the color has an LDraw color number, you can just type the number into the Color number field in the MLCad "Select color" dialog. Many colors won't have numbers, but chrome silver and gold both do. Take a look at this color list, which (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:Is49BH.DH2@lugnet.com... (...) in the normal library to see if he had completed the model. That is one impressive virtual model you put together Koyan! - John O'Keefe (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

When creating some models in MLCAD I come across some colors that are not part of the default palette in MLCAD. How do I find out what color number to specify? For example I have some chrome parts I want to create in MLCAD and I see not color for (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) That is cool. I have family in San Diego also. I used to go to Hawaii a lot when I lived in California. Now that I am in Texas it is a little harder to travel out that way. [SNIP (...) Do you plan on adding per part angle tolerance for the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:Is4GwJ.1w60@lugnet.com: (...) No way. I've learned everything I know about rendering through reading stuff from other people here. Now I can give back a little. Wouldn't want to make money off of that. Koyan (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Whoa, a tutorial would be fantastic, Koyan! That would be enough to get me to build my MOCs virtually! I'd pay $$$ for that kind of a service. Maybe consider producing a book or a CD?? JOHN (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) It's nothing. I'm visiting my Dad (in San Diego) for the holiday. And I did have a good Christmas but I have to go home today so I'l post this reply before embarking on my plane ride home (Hawaii). (...) The reason why I asked for it is that I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Just note (my main reply will be on the other branch of the thread). The ISD is aleady available: Orion's Website: (URL) Archive: (URL) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Thank you for the information Koyan! "Koyan" <koyan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:Xns97385B86B364....63.236... (...) I never thought of doing that with the mesh enhancer. That is a good idea. If you can group certain parts together as a sub model (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

Hi John, Orion's already explained most of how I work as well: L3P the .mpd with LGEO and mesh-enhance it. (I never just run the whole file through the enhancer, just certain parts here and there.) Add in radiosity and the lugnet colors. (I'm using (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Thank you for taking the time to reply on Christmas! I hope your Christmas was a good one. That is funny you mention that you have the source code. I was going to ask the author if he could add a per part angle tolerance. Different parts (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) No problem, that's what it's out there for. (...) The author of the program was also kind enogh to provide me with the source code so I could learn from it. (...) I leave the 3 default lights but I lower their intensity by reduceing their (...) (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Thank you for the quick response Orion! I hope you didn't mind me using your render as an example. It just looked so good and since you had the model available for download it helped me quickly compare my rendering skills to yours. :-) (...) (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Hi John, That render your using is mine and I'm 'billthefish' (at least outside of the UK Football scene). It was produced using a number of different tools: L3P Mesh-Enhancer - (URL) FastRad POV includes - (URL) LUGNET color definitions (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

I have corrected my links so that now people should see the images regardless if they have been moderated yet or not. I need some help making better LEGO renderings and getting around some errors that I am encountering. Here is an example of my (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

I need some help making better LEGO renderings and getting around some errors that I am encountering. Here is an example of my render on the left and someone else's cool render on the right: (URL) you can see I have a lot to improve in my renders. (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How is this made? (St. Pauls)

(...) That would be my guess as well. It also has wireframe fog turned on. If you're using the LDView 3 pre-release, just click the wireframe toolbar button, then hit the menu arrow next to that button and turn on the fog. With any version of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: How is this made? (St. Pauls)

(...) (URL) (...) It looks to me like the wireframe vied in LDview. Sniff around the menus and you'll find an option to switch on wirefram view mode. Tim (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  How is this made? (St. Pauls)

Hi all, I just discovered following pic on brickshelf: (2 URLs) Could anyone tell me how to render this way? BTRW: Great mini-MOC and a great rendering! Thanks and kind regards, Holger (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact