 CAD / 13563
Re: Lego renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:29:29 GMT

John, that is my goal with asking a lot of questions about rendering and
trying stuff myself. I like you have found it hard but I am hoping that once
I learn how to create a nice render I can share the methods. Hopefully I can
present it in such a way that it is very easy to understand for new people
starting out. Then using that base and knowing they can reproduce my steps
hopefully they can start to experiment and see what the different settings
do. They won't have to deal with the frustration of thinking it is
impossible to create a nice render because hopefully the tutorial will show
them how. They can then work on their own personal taste in the render based
on their experience experimenting with the settings.

My personal goal is photorealistic renders where people think they are
actually seeing a real LEGO and not a render. As Tim pointed out in his post
ideally if I achieve that and someone else achieves that the renders will
look very similar.

- John O'Keefe