 CAD / 13565
Re: Lego renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:35:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:

snip

   tutorial will help but really, time and energy is what is most required.

Hi Tim,

That statement is just too true!!

I myself feel still as a beginner (first rendering maybe 20 month ago). And I got some really helpful tips from Jeroen (digitalbricks.nl), but first I had to go the tough way and learn about the basics of rendering myself (by variing lots of parameters in hundreds and thousands of renderings). In the meantime I think I have found my own style of rendering. First aiming at “perfect” light and photo realism. Now I am sometimes looking more for surprising camera views and atmospheric effects.

But in the first line rendering is a substitution for my limited ability to make high end photographs of my models. With renders you can see all details very clear. That does not work on black models like steam engines with standard cameras. So I do not care about criticism about the creativity of renderings. they are just a nice tool but not a tool to create art in most cases.

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: some of my brickshelf renderings