 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2556
Re: Raytracing pearl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:36:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Sven Moritz Hein wrote:
Hi Tim,

IMHO the suggested color is too coarse (is this the right word?). It needs to be
more blotchy. My suggestion is:

#declare Pearl_Light_Gray=
texture{
pigment{
bozo
    color_map {
        [0.2 rgb <0.55, 0.55, 0.57>]
        [0.5 rgb <0.6, 0.6, 0.62>]

    }
scale 10
}
finish{
metallic
    ambient 0.6
    diffuse 0.5
    brilliance 3
    reflection 0.05
    phong 7
    phong_size 20
}
}

The "bozo" makes it blotchy - if it looks very strange try changing the "scale".
I rendered a small model with this color and I'm quite satisfied:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smhltec/NCM/pearled.png

I hope that helps.
Leg Godt-
Sven

Hi Sven,

Thank you very much it looks very accurate. I think it's a great improvement and
I'll add it to my colour definitions.

Tim