 Announcements / 806 (-100)
  Volkswagen B3

Having recently acquired a digital camera, I want to start documenting some MOCs I've had sitting around for a while. The first one can be found here: (URL) feel free to tell me not only what you think about the model, but about the presentation as (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space) !

  DATSort, a utility for sorting .DAT files

Hey gang, For a while now I've wanted a way to sort the entries in a .DAT file according to X-Y-Z coordinates, that way after I build a file in MLCad I can sort the elements so they're in an order much like original LEGO instructions (bottom to top, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce) !

  Erase the 49th parallel

I don't have my BB store (URL) yet, but given the timing of AucZilla XIV and the unique benefit to "my fellow Canadians", I figured I should post this ASAP. " As part of our effort to provide you with the best service, StRuCtures has teamed with (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Shop at Home up and running?

If I missed an announcement earlier, sorry. Just went to Lego.com and noticed the shop link. After going there noticed Orange Bulk Brick message, which is actually a pumpkin you can make. 87 bricks for $9.99 Haven't checked it all out yet or ordered (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  *** LDView Version 1.0 Released ***

LDView Version 1.0 has been completed, and can be downloaded from the following location: (URL) full source code is also available at that location.) LDView is an OpenGL-based real-time viewer for LDraw models written for the Microsoft Windows (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Partsref Update

Partsref has gotten a slight facelift! Where possible, I've added links from the parts entries in the Partsref browse pages to other parts-references websites. To accomodate these links, the part listings were rearranged slightly. As of now, links (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Robotized panoramic head

Hi everybody! I recently uploaded on my site PanoBot2, a RCX-controlled panoramic photography head, which can be build with RIS 1.5. See it, along with full building instructions, LeoCad files and sample panorama photographs at (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Brick'n Fun Fest - Orlando, Florida, USA...

Greetings Florida LEGO Fans, In less then two week the Brick’n Fun Fest kicks off in Orlando, Florida! The home base of the fest is the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club display at the Great American Train Show. We will have our main display plus (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  New Sculpture: The Tick

When I get inspired, there's not much that can stop me. Presenting my latest creation, a bust of The Tick, Ben Edlund's fine comic book creation. Find it on the sculpture page. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general) !

  Kyle's Universe of LEGO officially changed to high velocity LEGO !

Hello! After completly redoing my site, changeing servers and names I present to you High Velocity LEGO! Home to Keppler Imdustries, the official BrickLUG chat page, and the soon to come Cellestial Alliance. The new url is: (URL) the direct url is: (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  Bricks on the Brain is closing its virtual doors....

Greetings once again from Bricks on the Brain! We are both happy and sad to report that BotB will be shutting its virtual doors to parts sales. I am following a new oppportunity that won't allow for continued parts sales. Once things are a little (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce)

  L3PAdd-On Version 1.2.3 is up

Seems there has been a resurgence of L3P and L3PAO use lately (I know I've been doing a lot!) and people have found a few bugs. I decided to correct these problems and also added in new features to bring L3PAO up to speed with L3P version 1.2. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  NYCLUG, Anyone?

New York City has *at least* eight million people. It is the center of a burgeoning megalopolis that comprises *at least* Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore and just about all of North Jersey. There's GOTTA be some interest in starting up a NYCLUG. Let (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Survivor Early Voting Underway!

Yes, another reason to visit my pathetic website: preliminary voting for LEGO Survivor has begun! Be mean-spirited under the guise of anonymity. Vote someone off the island of Okhmosk Isaya! There are 12 castaways in all--not including the host, who (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  New Sculpture: Marvin the Martian

The subject says it all. Looney Tunes' Marvin the Martian, in all his ABS glory. Head to the sculpture page. www.brickfrenzy.com Adrian (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general) !!

  LDraw CD-ROM Issues

Well... I guess its about time for an update. First off, I must apologize to everyone, because I've been way too busy to work on this project. I feel like I'm letting you down. At this point, I have too many things going on to think about an LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Partsref Updates

[FUT lugnet.cad] A couple of Partsref news items: First, the changes and additions from the LCAD 2000-02 parts update have been applied to Partsef. Second, after recent discussions in lugnet.cad.dev, Partsref's category browsing pages have been (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club survived another show, we had a blast. Not only was there the standard layout, we had a few new additions. Including the Kids Layout (great stuff these guys built), video train camera (got to see the layout though (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Redux of Moonbase Beta-1

If you remember a couple monthes ago i made a post about a moon base, now. I need parts. I am willing to pay $$ for LARGE ( i mean HUGE) amounts of white and grey pieces. Maybe a brickbay seller could give me a discout for buying all his/her white (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic)

  SEALUG Meeting Minutes Oct. 7th, 2000

Hi everyone, We had our second SEALUG meeting at Gary Gerdes' home yesterday. Members present: Gary & Ian Gerdes Wayne Hussey & Terri Walter Jonathan McKay Joel Parker Mark Rideout Mark Sandlin Especially notable is that Jonathan's mom drove him all (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce)

  For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

I am starting a list of local users group and clubs. I want it to be as complete as possible and for the history books (and, aw heck, for charts and graphs someday) I'd like to include the official dates of formation of each group/club. As a first (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.nl, lugnet.org.it, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce) !!

  ldraw.org going off-line for a few hours - again

Due to some tecnical problems after the hardware upgrade yesterday, I will take ldraw.org off-line again today. I hope to have the machine up and running again before 10:00 UTC (maybe 11:00). Play well, Jacob PS: Write <sparre-sms@sslug.dk> if you (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  ldraw.org going off-line for a few hours

In a moment I will take ldraw.org off-line to install a new harddisk. I expect to have the machine up and running again before 17:00 UTC. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- ---...--- (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  SEALUG meeting Oct. 7th

Hi Everyone, I'm just sending out a reminder that this coming Saturday, Oct. 7th, is our second SEALUG meeting. It will be at 1pm at Gary Gerdes' house in Seattle. There is a map available if someone needs it. Most SEALUG people are already aware of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Sehr Schnell Catalog Expands

First, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for the Sehr Schnell Supertuning site last week for the "Cool Lego Site of the Week". Unfortunately the site didn't win, fortunately Todd saw fit to keep me on the ballot for this week, so stop by again... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Finally -HUGO update -"mission log"

This update is not big, but it will be growing every day. I added a "mission log" to my Hugo-website, and it will play an important role in the future. If you're happy with knowing just that, and don't want to ruin the surprise, then just visit the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce)

  ATTENTION: all current MOTM participants

Hi, To all of the people who have entries in the LDraw MOTM competition. We have some entries that have "rolled over" for several months now. The page is getting kind of full, and I need to know if you still want your scene to continue to be in the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  October MOTM voting - - We have a winner!

Greetings, The winner of this months MOTM is the one and only(1) Jeremy Sproat. His 'Baby Roc' model took a commanding lead early on and just kept going. Congrats to Sproat. :-) -- Terry K -- 1. probably a good thing. (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  LCad Parts Update 2000-02 Now Available

[FUT lugnet.cad] The LCad parts update 2000-02 is now available from ldraw.org. And it's a biggie. The update file alone is over 700K. There are more than 130 new parts in this one. Get it at (URL). Full details are available there. Steve Bliss (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !!

  My first Castle MOC - web page

Ok, my big huge castle in progress now has a web page: (URL) isn't any new progress on the actual castle since August though. (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw) !

  Just a little something...

Just wanted to make a little announcement, cause Shiri's too modest to speak up...;-) www.geocities.com/sh...i_writing/ Please let her know what you think. -Chris (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people) !

  October MOTM Voting is ready

Hi all, The voting for the LDraw.org October Model Of The Month is ready to go. Come on over and take a gander at what's new, and what's still in the running. Pick your fave and make someone happy. (URL) a reminder - one vote only. The system logs (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Unscheduled reboot

The server was rebooted a few minutes ago in connection with cleaning up some areas of the disk that were overflowing from logs. This didn't affect web or news functionality but was preventing email from coming in or going out. I apologize for the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  FBTB Coverage of Galactic Challenge Event

Hey! Tim Saupe -- From Bricks to Bothans -- asked me to post some information on coverage they're doing of the Galactic Challenge contest that was held on Friday. Here's the link: (URL) winners were David Michon (US) in the 5-10 age category, and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.legoland) !

  HOORAY! STAR WARS EPISODE 1 VALUE PACK!!!!

This is the greatest LEGO deal of all time. You get a 7111 Droid Fighter, a 7101 Lightsaber Duel, and a 7131 Anakin's Podracer... all for $16.99 (Canada!) The original prices of these sets total $36.97, and Anakin's Podracer alone costs $18.99- so (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.announce)

  Mark Goes for Donuts

Hi Everyone, Check out my new story. (URL) thanks to Coby Bassett for help with dialogue. ~Mark -- Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general) !!

  Robo Riders on sale at Zellers

Zellers has a Robo Rider sale September 23 to September 29. They are normally $9.99 and are on sale for $8.00. (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

  Finally -site re-launch!

Finally, I've made the complete updated version of my website! Most of the things I had on it is gone. My old creations are not there anymore, except for their DAT's, and that table-menu to the right is gone as well. So, what's new then? I've now (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.space, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: meeting in September?...WHEN?

Since I've seen only one response so far, I thought I'd cross-post this in an attempt to get more responses. (Plz note that follow-up has been re-directed to ".org.us.dixielug".) Thanks, Franklin (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  September 23rd Toronto Lego Event

Hi folks, 6th Annual Lego Robotics Event Saturday September 23rd 2000-10AM Competitors, 1PM Audience St Michael's College Theatre, University of Toronto 121 St Joseph Street Just wanted to announce the 6th Semi-Annual Lego Robotics Event, taking (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  Announcing new set database

LUGNET is pleased to announce a new and improved LEGO set database: (URL) over the previous database include: New Display Options Chose compact lists, thumbnails, or fully-detailed pages to browse through. Smarter Searches Display any range of set (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce) !!

  THE ULTIMATE LEGO SHOPPING BUY - LIFESIZE VADER

FAO has it: "Can there be anything more intimidating than Darth Vadar? Only if he’s standing in your room, protecting your own Lego creations. Made by Lego Master Builders and standing approximately seven feet tall, this Darth Vadar is virtually (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Two original Technic creations

Hi folks, I've just put a new website online with a couple of my recent Technic creations, a "technic figure scale" skid steer loader and a mobile crane. The loader is fully operated by pneumatics and motors, and the crane by motors. I've put a lot (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build) !!

  Greg's Lair of ABS closing for good...

Hi everyone, I just thought that I'd let everyone know that in a few days I'll be closing down Greg's Lair of ABS for good. You can see the old place here: (URL) of the stuff isn't working anymore because I took it off. My site ain't dead yet, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

Matt’s LEGO Train Depot has moved to it’s new home on the North Georgia LEGO Train Club’s site ((URL) We are proud to be able to host the site and plan on maintaining the site in much the same quality way that Matt Bates has done since it’s (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Web Deals launch on Bricks on the Brain!

Greetings! Today, Bricks on the Brain would like to announce that we now have our Web Deals functionality ready. If you had signed up to receive our email alerts, you should be receiving an email in your inbox shortly! If you haven't signed up yet, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sehr Schnell 8448 Upgrades!

Sehr Schnell, the world's premier LEGO™ automotive performance tuner, is proud to present our fall 2000 product line. We have now stepped into the 8448 upgrade market by offering our 419Hp BiTurbo kit! Our 8880 catalog has also been increased, now (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  the best laid plans of mice and men

As many of you are aware, tomorrow (September 11) is the scheduled launch date for the new LEGO.com (aka "LEGO.new"), which features a new interface and content architecture as well as the introduction of LEGO Shop At Home online and to several (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general) !

  New LUGNET Feature: Crossword Puzzles

Hi all, I've made an interactive crossword puzzle on a web page here at LUGNET. You'll notice by the clues that it's made with the LEGO enthusiast in mind. It runs in Java and has features for checking your puzzle as you go and for help filling in (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun) !!

  Here we grow again! - Bricks on the Brain

Greetings! Bricks on the Brain is at it again! We would like to announce a partnership with Charles Adams to incorporate his Web Deals functionality at (URL) into BricksontheBrain.com. Bricks on the Brain is now collecting all the LEGO deals, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  A LEGOLAND California employee is in your midst

I am pleased to announce that one of your very own is now a LEGO Company employee! I now live in Southern California and was hired to be the Manager of Sales, Promotions and Sponsorships for LEGOLAND California. My job is awesome and the people here (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  Update to My Site

I have been updating my Legofield Fire Company site over the past few weeks. I've added new pictures & images(more photos are on the way), added .dat files which are accesed by clicking on the images, and also department info and even a map. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce)

  (canceled)

  LEGO Stegosaurus Sculpture

Well boys and girls, I'm finally done with my large scale, LEGO dinosaur sculpture. Come check it out... (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !!

  FYI: Free Storage Cases from Storit

In my search for perfect Lego storage, I stumbled upon this. Promotional giveaway - looks like a decent enough case - and free! (free shipping too - now THAT's *really* free! How to: 1) register 2) buy the box (listed as $0.00) 3) at checkout, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  VLC to webcast their first (Webcast) meeting!

Saterday Sept. 9 2000 1pm pst till late... The VLC (Vancouver Lego Club) will be webcasting their 'build a thon' meeting. The webcam will be located on the VLC website located at: Vancouver Lego Club: (URL) can be posted to the lugnet.org.ca.vlc (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  BrickDB announcement

Hi. What happens when you combine a computer geek and a lego geek? I create this: (URL) a database driven website for keepin' track of your collection of legos. There are a set of admin pages used for adding users/themes/sets/li...s/managing your (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Announcing the Brickwise™ Shopping Report

We're pleased to announce a new feature on LUGNET: an online shopping report tool to help you find LEGO sets at online retailers quickly and easily: (URL) and Enjoy! --Todd & Suz (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce) !!

  edy lego art

Did I already show you this? (URL) fun. F-Up -> lugnet.fun eddy -- (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  White Rabbit LEGO Mosaic

Well, I have managed to complete another 'Alice in Wonderland' themed LEGO piece. This one a large mosaic; (URL) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if people are going to start telling the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  Wired News Article

Despite the misuse of the word 'Legos' and him misstating some of my numbers, there is a fairly good article about LEGO (and LUGNET) at: (URL) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if people are (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.publish) !!

  SEALUG reminder

Hi Everyone, Just a friendly last minute reminder that the SEALUG interest meeting will be tomorrow, Saturday Sept. 2nd at my house in Everett. Directions to my house may be found here, in pdf format: (URL) meeting will begin at 2:00pm, and people (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce)

  September eLEGO update

Announcing the september update of my web site, eLEGO. New models are: • Hover MRLS • Orca CA • Mobile Anti-Air Unit • Trade Federation Battle Ship (don't get your hopes up) (URL) please. I'm updating monthly, so see you in October! Thanks, Elliot (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce)

  NGLTC invited to display at Atlanta History Center Holiday show

The Atlanta History Center ((URL) has invited the NGLTC to participate in their 2000 Holiday Candle Light Show. This year's theme is "Toys & Trains". There will be a private showing on November 29 open to private contributors of the center and on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org) !

  September MOTM Winner :-)

Hi All, The winner of the ldraw.org model of the month for September is Jonathan Wilson. By a wide margin I might add. *Very wide* Not even any close contenders. Veritable blowout I must say. :-) Good job, Jonathan. See it at: (URL) Terry K -- P.S. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Specials at The Store 30 August

YATSSL (Yet Another The Store Specials List) 2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker 24.99 6180 Hydro Search Sub 24.99 6441 Deep Reef Refuge 28.99 3144 Horse Stall with Pepper 13.99 3143 Horse Camp w/ Emma & Chilli 27.99 3052 Ninja Fire Fortress 20.99 Belville (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce)

  FunBrix Pic of the Week #7

Hi All, The 7th "FunBrix Pic of the Week" is here! Sports Car - by: Neil Everett. This sports car is one of many cool Technic models on his site, so check them all out! (URL) --- Click on FUN --- Click on FunBrix Pic of the Week. Build on... Robin (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: today's meeting - at Eric's place

I couldn't post this initially to ".announce", so I'm posting to ".announce" in this reply. Pleasefollow-up to ".dixielug". ;-) Franklin (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO.new is coming

Well, it's the end of the week. And I did promise. So here's welcome (I hope!) news: On September 11, we will relaunch LEGO.com. As part of this relaunch, we will extend the LEGO Shop At Home service to the Internet. Though we may limit the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general) !!

  September MOTM voting is ready

Hi all, The September LDraw.org Model Of The Month voting is up and ready at: (URL) entries to choose from this time. And just a reminder, entries should be submitted WITH a short text about the model and/or scene. And can the entrants for this (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  SEALUG

Greetings everyone! It's time for me to announce SEALUG, the: SEattle Area Lego User Goup I posted an "is anyone interested" notice a few months back in loc.us.wa, and I received a few emails, but I've decided to get off my bricks and send out a big (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Noodle Kidoodle merges with Zany Brainy

I was just checking out the various online stores to see if they had any Lego on sale, and came accross the following message when going to www.noodlekidoodle.com: Welcome to ZanyBrainy! In case you didn't hear, Noodle Kidoodle has officially merged (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce)

  PNLTC Breaks World Record for Longest LEGO train track

On Saturday, August 19, PNLTC broke the previous record for longest LEGO train track, about 1780 feet. The new world record stands at 3343 feet! It took 42 minutes to travel the distance. Thanks everyone for sending rolling stock and encouragement. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Desk

There have been a couple of posts lately (including one of my own) showing off miniature models of office spaces and desks. Well, here's what happens when someone asks for a LEGO desk that's actually life-sized: (URL) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !!

  Announcing: The Baseplate Finder

In my role as a self-appointed Brick Detective, I have made up a webpage to help identify sets in which a certain "special" baseplate or boat hull is used. If you have a raised baseplate, one with paint, or a singe or multi-piece boat hull, for (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.announce) !

  www.BrickFrenzy.com is here

I finally have my old Lego page ((URL) over to its new home, at (URL) Along with that port comes two new ground vehicles (the Squall and Blitz) and a new Mecha (the Kobold). Also included is a much cleaner and easier to navigate interface, with lots (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Macintosh Ldraw part files.

I just uploaded three parts files for the Macintosh. These are just the ldraw parts taken from a PC and repackaged with Stuffit. I've got them in 3 flavors: binhex (hqx), stuffit (sit), and as a self extracting archive (sea). After decompressing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  FunBrix Pic of the Week #6

Hi All, The 6th "FunBrix Pic of the Week" is here! Monorail Transit Station - by: James Mathis. An oldie but goody, this is one of the best stations I have see on the web. Great work James! And if you have time, check out all of his cool train stuff (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Grand Re-Opening! Bricks on the Brain

Wow, what an intense couple of weeks we have had! Bricks on the Brain has launched the second generation of our web site andboy do we have new stuff! We have improved the navigation of the store by adding additional sub categories. We now have over (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-02

[FUT lugnet.cad.dev] As the title suggests, the 2000-02 LCAD vote page is up and running. Please read the following, especially if you aren't familiar with the voting procedures. There are some 145 new parts in the update. Wow! This is a big one. My (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce) !

  Legoland Germany to Open in 2001

I was just browsing Lego.com when I noticed this press release on Legoland Germany. Thought everyone would be interested in seeing this, if they haven't already. I copied onto this message, but you can view it and pics at (URL) Deutschland to open (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Sweetening LEGO Creator

Picture this: You're walking down the cereal aisle at the supermarket and suddenly, out the corner of your eye, you see boxes of cereal with little images of LEGO pieces! You look closer and -- it's LEGO Creator! On a CD-ROM! Bundled with Cocoa (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.games.lego.creator, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp) !

  Re: PNLTC Presents a Guinness World Record LEGO Train Track Display

You asked for pictures--you get pictures. The "train geeks" have done it again--this time you'll be able to watch the show "live" on the web. Point your browsers to (URL) and bookmark the site, then check back whenever you get urge to know what's (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  Project proposal: Seven Wonders of the LEGO World

Who's ready for a challenging and fun group project?! I'm lookin' at the new LUGNET homepage and thinkin' that we oughtta have a special area which captures the spirit, imagination, and dedication of LEGO builders and wraps it up in a Nice Neat (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !!

  Top Stories, Spotlight, etc.

QUICK TOP STORIES LIST The "Top Stories" listing on the new homepage, (URL) built automatically based on human feedback, and your opinions make a difference! If you are a LUGNET Member, you can help highlight things for this and other lists: (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.publish) !

  NALUG announces Lego train show in Edmonton, Alberta

Northern Alberta Lego Users Group is pleased to announce our first public Lego show. We will have a Lego train layout at the Greater Edmonton Train Show (GETS), organized by the Edmonton Mainline Model Railroad Fellowship. You will find us among (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  PNLTC Presents a Guinness World Record LEGO Train Track Display

The Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club presents a Guinness world record LEGO train track display at the Center House in Seattle Washington. The show is open to the public on Friday and Saturday, August 18 and 19, from 10am to 8pm, and on Sunday from (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or) !

  Announcing new LUGNET homepage

We are pleased to announce a new LUGNET homepage: (URL) hope that you find it refreshing and that new visitors will find it friendly and inviting. If you miss the old homepage, simply look for it at its new location: (URL) thanks to everyone who (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  The BlockCAD Gallery has finally been updated

Hi all! At last I have taken the time to make an update of the BlockCAD gallery (URL) are welcome to take a look at the models that has been supplied by BlockCAD users all over the world (and of different ages too). (Remember: I have not made the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  FunBrix Pic of the Week #5

Hi All, The 5th "FunBrix Pic of the Week" is here! OMSI (Holiday Junction) Layout - by: PNLTC. On this week before the PNLTC/LEGO Train event in Seattle, Washington. We thought it fitting to feature one of their pictures from the past. So check out (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  *** LDView v0.6.3 Released ***

LDView v0.6.3 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) only feature added in this release is a change in the preferences panel so that all options now go into effect immediately. You no longer have to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Employment site

Here's an interesting employment site with several LEGO job listings. I found it on (URL) wonder why they don't post job listings to LUGNET? Todd- how about lugnet.lego.jobs? (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce)

  edy lego art

Have a look at (URL) size of this animated GIF is about 250KBytes. eddy (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun) !

  Lego Maniac's Webring to move to LUGNET Soon

Hey everybody! Todd and I have been discussing moving the Lego Maniac's Webring to LUGNET for quite some time. I'm just letting everyone know a little ahead of time, that in the relative near future (no timeline set), the site will be moving over (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  Imagination centers in Chicago and Anaheim

According to the LEGO website jobs listing, they will be opening Imagination Centers in Chicago IL and Anaheim CA (Disney). (URL) is also a press release about LEGOLAND Deutschland coming in 2002. (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce) !

  Apology

Dear Lego I wish to apologize for the trouble I have caused. I had no idea that the information I posted was confidential as it is contained among other information that I have been allowed to share with the public. This is what I have been led to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: 2001 Set info

(...) LEGO has respectfully requested that the leaked information on this thread be deleted or otherwise removed from view. Since this was a formal request and TLC's privacy rights are in question here, this is a legal issue and I will be deleting (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Newly revised and updated web page

Hi. I've spent the weekend hunched over my computer at home working on my "New Improved" web page design. Boy, its not as easy as you guys make it look, that's for sure! Anyway, I am now inviting you all to come visit my newly updated site. Its: (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  FunBrix Pic of the Week #4

Hi All, The 4th FunBrix Pic of the Week is here! Reinhard "Ben" Beneke - Pirate Ship. This is one cool Pirate ship, but it needs a cool name. Also I see it lived a short life, but at least he took pictures of this great model before it went down. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: photos from our second meeting -- at last!!!

I forgot to x-post this. (Follow-up set back to "DixieLUG".) Franklin (...) (24 years ago, 5-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact