 Announcements / 725
724  |  726
Subject:
Sweetening LEGO Creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.games.lego.creator, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:27:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Picture this:

You're walking down the cereal aisle at the supermarket and suddenly, out the
corner of your eye, you see boxes of cereal with little images of LEGO pieces!
You look closer and -- it's LEGO Creator!  On a CD-ROM!  Bundled with Cocoa
Puffs and Lucky Charms cereals for four bucks.

Box scans:

   http://news.lugnet.com/games/lego/creator/cereal

What a bizarre world we live in, eh?

I didn't find anything at www.generalmills.com or www.lego.com about this
co-promotion -- apparently there are other software titles as well.  Maybe
TLC is contracting out co-marketing to a third party.

The Cocoa Puffs are yummy!  I haven't tried out LEGO Creator yet.  I'm plenty
happy with LDraw, so it might sit for a while.  :-)

Anyone else seen these around?  Anyone know if it's a U.S.-only promotion?

BTW, the same supermarket (one of the Star Market stores in Cambridge,
Massachusetts) also had a whole display stand full of ThrowBots.

--Todd

p.s.  Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms are trademarks of General Mills, Inc.