 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Creator / 18
Re: Sweetening LEGO Creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.creator
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.games.lego.creator, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.games.lego.creator, Eric Kingsley writes:
First of all why was loc.us.mn.msp on the origional distribution?  Bizarre.
(Is that where General Mills is based or something?)

It actually is. I happen to know coz I wrote them a consumer letter for a
silly English class project (it had to be food, or, else I'd write TLC ;-)

I also noticed from the pictures of the box (address below)that the box had a
picture of the CD. The cover had the name of some company named laser
something (I'll go check in a min). Lego probally sold the software to them or
signed a contract with them.

  http://news.lugnet.com/games/lego/creator/cereal
Hmmmm... both lego creator, clue AND Carmen Sandiego... I guess I'll just
hafta buy three boxes, shucks ;-)
(or maybe I'll pass the creator! By the reviews I've been hearing...)

Being 12 I got it for a Christmas present. It isn't all that good, and it's
only worth about $4.00. It would be neat if it were possible to put L-Draw
creations in there.

Thats also a bit bizarre.  I know kids LOVE ThrowBots but I personally can
barely stand them.  Its a money maker so I am sure they will stay around in
one
form or another but I personally wish ThrowBots would go away.  To violent,
to Boy oriented, to far away from System.  (Granted Technic is getting to far
way from System too but thats another debate all together).

Hey, I wish Throwbots would go away too. But one of "my" kids, Gilad (a 7-y/o
I babysit) just goes nuts for them... he saves up his allowance to buy
the "really big" ones. Amnon OTOH (same age) prefers to stick with system, and
is in the process of building a town that fills up the drawer under his bed.

I've got friends who are trying to collect all the Throwbots (I collect them
for the legs for my Mechas) And about there being Legos at the supermarket
I've seen smaller sets at the drug store and supermarket.

-Shiri

Chef