 Announcements / 2646 (-100)
  NWBrickCon Is Coming Soon

It is my pleasure to announce NWBrickCon 2004. This fan-based event will be held Halloween weekend (October 29-31, 2004) in the Great Northwest (Seattle area). This amazing event will be three days of : Fellowship - Meet with other AFOLs from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG -- NEXT MEETING August 28 or 29 on Staten Island!

Join us! Due to security concerns we won't be able to head to our usual spot... so now, Plan B: The next NYCLUG meeting will be at Sid's house on Staten Island! Tentative dates are August 28 or 29 (Saturday or Sunday), beginning around noon and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Announcing “Seven Swords of Glendur” @ BrickFest 2004

I hereby challenge players to an adventure game, "Seven Swords of Glendur ". "Seven Swords of Glendur " is an adventure game set in modern times where the player is visiting a castle that is open to the public in a controlled setting like Leeds (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  The Lego Classic Room at BrickFest

Come one, come all...to the greatest brick festival ever. For those of you who have attended BrickFest in the past, you'll remember all of the wonderful things you learn and the marvelous creations people come up with. For those coming for the first (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Previously, in lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote about the AFOL Comic that will be distributed at BrickFest. Here is some more information: We're very oversubscribed, there is a lot of interest, which is really great. Jake has (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  What You Should Bring to BrickFest

As the time draws closer to BrickFest, the question always arises: What does one bring? This is an open-ended question, but here are some things that should be brought: MOST IMPORTANT 1) Bring yourself. There's nothing like being at BrickFest and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Many Star Wars Minis and More!

Hello dear fellows! I want to thank the forums curator for adding my SW Lego site to the links index here, and I hereby want to invite you to take a trip to my site if you are interested. There are many Mini Models, several Minifigs and some (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  2nd LSC: Election Results

The second LSC vote has terminated. The 2004-2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee is: Jacob Sparre Andersen Steve Bliss Tore Eriksson Lars Hassing Orion Pobursky There were a total of 16 respondents. -Tim (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  GFLTC at GATS Clearwater this weekend

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a layout at the Great American Trains Show (GATS) July 24 and 25, 2004 in Clearwater, Florida. The 24ft X 15ft layout will feature three main lines of trains, a Monorail line, a large yard area, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  New Users Guide: Call for Volunteers

Dear LUGNET Users, One of the main goals of the LUGNET Tranisition Team is to make LUGNET more open and friendly to new members of the community. In that spirit, and full-filling my role as Content Coordinator, I am putting together a team of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) The Hotel Deadline for BrickFest is Upon Us! July 22 is the last day to get the special BrickFest room rate at the Arlington Hilton! The Hilton is just blocks away from BrickFest and is the perfect place to stay while at the convention! But (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Tech Tower

Hello, After way to much ranting, I decided to take some of Spencer R's advice and work on some building. While I do have a new building that I am working on (and several bricklink sellers know that it is full of tan and technic gears) this note (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Followup-To, ex post facto

I have implemented a web interface feature which allows an news admin* to apply a slight change to a news article: If for some reason the 'Followup-To' header on a post was set incorrectly, or was left empty when it should have been set, this can (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce) !

  LDraw Sessions @ SIGGRAPH

LDraw.org will host two back-to-back Birds of a Feather sessions at (URL) SIGGRAPH 2004> this year. Last year was LDraw.org's first year participating in SIGGRAPH. LDraw activities included an activity area at a LEGO fan booth and an introductory (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, FTX) !

  Bellevue Store Opening and Spider Man 2 Mosaic

On Saturday, July 10th, a new LEGO store opened in Bellevue, Washington, at the Bellevue Square Mall. The doors opened at 9:30am to an enthusiastic crowd who rushed in to explore the pristine store. The door opening: (URL) Thanks to the fan outreach (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

This is a friendly reminder that the newsgroup lugnet.color exists for discussions about LEGO color issues... (URL) for rants and complaints about color issues. lugnet.general isn't the right place. Please do your best -not- to start or participate (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce) !!

  New tutorial: Running LSynth through MLCad's interface

Hi folks, generating hoses, chains and electical cabels has never been easier - even for people with little CAD experience. Check out this tutorial about MLCad's newest feature and go down to the nuts and bolts of the prog: www.holly-wood.it "Synth" (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Elliot is Back! New Models! Redesigned Site!

About 1 year, 6 months, and a week ago I posted my last update to my lego site... And now (thanks to tables, frames, and javascript), I would like to present my redesigned site!! (URL) There are five new futuristic models (I have yet to get my (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Digital Designer 1.2 Available

(...) Including other groups on this too, as I think this is great news all around! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.market.shopping)

  BrickFest Registration ends - August 1st !

BrickFest is only one month away! BrickFest 2004 Washington, DC AUGUST 13-15 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! with community members from all over the world, community leaders hosting seminars, over 30 sessions, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.pa, FTX) !!

  Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!

At BrickFest this year, attendants will have the opportunity to purchase 2 different containers, a BrickFest 2004 commemorative container & a ITLCO container. To help us with our planning process, please sign into your BrickFest account: (URL) click (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  *** LDView Version 2.1.01 Released ***

LDView version 2.1.01 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) This version has more bug fixes than anything else. The main new feature is support for snapshots up to 9999x9999 on arbitrary video (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  May's Winners for LDraw.org's Model/Scene of the Month Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the May Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Chris Parkinson, Masakari> (URL) SOTM, Bruno Kurth, 2-wide Land> -Orion (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Hi All, The new AFOLs Comic books are NOW available!!! You may have seen Jake's announcement several months ago (URL) These books are for handing out at shows and events as a “recruiting” tool and to tell people about AFOLs. In a nutshell the comic (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

BrickFest Attendees! I am excited to announce that BrickFest 2004 will be able to attempt to break the current record set recently by a 10 member team at 1000 Steine-Land of 1 hour 2 minutes and 28 seconds. This will be an all out attempt to break (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land) !!

  The Brick Testament:The Story of Christmas -- coming this Fall

Putting to rest a week's worth of wild speculation, I am pleased to confirm that the rumors are true--the second Brick Testament book will be... a Christmas book! (2 URLs) The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas> will feature forty-six (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org. Visit the (URL) voting page> to cast your vote. I apologize again for the cancellation of last month's contest. -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LDraw.org Celebrates 5 Years!

LDraw.org celebrates five years of being online today. The project began in early 1999 and launched to the public on July 7 of that year, almost two years after James Jessiman passed away. Since then, both the site and the community have grown leaps (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org, lugnet.publish) !

  WANTED: Brick Vendors for Brick Bazaar

WANTED: Brick Vendors BrickFest DC Aug 13-15, 2004 (URL) BrickFest Website> Brick Bazaar at BrickFest 2004 is being planned bigger, better, and more organized than previous years. Any registered BrickFest attendee is welcome to bring some LEGO® (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

(...) Will you be attending BrickFest? Among all the wonderful things we are working on for BrickFest, creating a fun filled environment is at the top of our list. One way we hope to do this is by encouraging all of you who plan to attend, to bring (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org)

  New Washington Base Reporting! MOONBASE DC!

Hello spacers and spacettes, You've seen the announcment... you know the standard, now it's up to you! Moonbase is the centerpiece of the lego sci-fi display and we need all Scibrick members, scifi fans and cool folks like you to bring your modules! (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  Moonbase Module: Mount SciBrick - Mech Bay 05

Moonbase Module: (URL) Mount SciBrick - Mech Bay 05> Good day all, here is a gift to SciBrick. I have been wanting to find a way to express my gratitude to the membership of SciBrick so I gave in the only way I know how; I built something. I built (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX) !

  One week left - more pics from BayLTC Pleasanton Show

Since June 12, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) has had a layout on display at the Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society and Museum in Pleasanton, California. There is one week left until we take it down next weekend on July 11. This (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, FTX)

  Web 3D chat - LEGO like syle. Free!

Now you can have a "LEGO-like" 3D web chat at your site to meet your friends and talk about LEGO or anything... You need only to go to (URL) wait the download of the ADOBE Atmosphere plugin. If you have a pop up blocker you need to disable it. All (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce)

  New Spiderman LEGO movie

As you likely know, the Spider-Man 2 movie launches today around the world and is sure to be the biggest box office news of the summer. (I personally can not wait to see it!) To help to celebrate the success of the new Spider-Man movie, we will be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

It has been a full year since the creation of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open, elections will be held July 15. The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining semi-regular internal discussions (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !!

  New SciBrick Leadership

Hello my fellow Lugnetters, SciBrick recently had its annual officer elections, and there have been some changes in leadership. Joe Meno has stepped down as our Com Officer, but will stay on as Financial Officer. I have been elected Com Officer, and (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.announce)

  Teaser image for new Brick Testament book

I am very pleased to announce that there will be a second book in the (URL) Brick Testament> series released this Fall. My publisher, (URL) Quirk Books>, is very excited about the prospects for this new book, and asked me to design a cover for their (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun.holiday, FTX) !!

  Civilian MOC, just in under the deadline: John Deere Hover Tractor

You may be wondering why I haven't posted a MOC since January. Well, aside from having a kid, I've been working on a project for a while. And this is it. Okay, not really. This is a one night inspiration, a hover tractor. (URL) Cheers Adrian (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004...

Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004... The submittal deadline for sessions is this Friday, July 2, 2004. There are still some good time slots available, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up ASAP at: (URL) Also (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  The L PRIZE Pre-Launch: Call for Volunteers, Sponsors, Donations

I'd like to proudly introduce the (URL) L PRIZE>. The L PRIZE is a new and exciting open competition that will be officially launched at SIGGRAPH 2004 by an independent team led by Tim Courtney. The purpose of the L PRIZE is to reach both the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.edu, FTX) !

  Las Vegas Mosaic

My students and I have just finished a large LEGO project. It is an 8 by 6 foot mosaic with a Las Vegas theme. I had the idea to create this after visiting the Neon Museum during a field trip. This museum houses artifacts from Las Vegas’ gambling (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

Just as a reminder, 47 days to BrickFest, and counting . . . Micro MOC Off! We are hoping that everyone that attends BrickFest can bring along a Micro for the Micro MOC Off, A Community Project Display at BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC. If you are (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest is coming!

I'm reposting this message to the events.BrickFest list so that everyone knows about this great opportunity. I'm sure there are others out there, just like me, who have an RCX set (found for a good price, or a gift, whatever the case...) and you (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  brickset.com updates available via RSS

Brickset.com has jumped on the 'RSS bandwagon'! Additions to the Brickset database are now available as a RSS news feed at (URL) let me know if you find this useful, or have suggestions for improvement. Huw Webmaster www.brickset.com (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.brickset)

  Friday Surprise

It's Friday and what better to celebrate than with... Roof Tiles (aka Slopes) Check out the (URL) new bulk> items, available for pre-order now in the US, and now (or soon) in Europe! Hopefully this will add a bit of happiness to an otherwise (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

All, Inspired by (URL) Dan's post> from earlier today about the new LUGNET RSS feed, I created a Building Instructions Portal Latest Updates feed. (URL) And while I'm on the subject of updates, I've recently implemented (URL) BlogFusion> on the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Pick a Brick at BrickFest

Pick a Brick at BrickFest! As most AFOLs know, Pick a Brick is something that is available at the LEGO Brand Retail stores. A selection of LEGO parts are available in various quantities. This year, the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet will be getting Pick (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  LUGNET news RSS feed

I've expanded the Peeron Sidebars idea to include an RSS feed of new posts. Not sure if it's going to be as useful as the LUGNET sidebar, but it was easy to code. The new feed can be found here: (URL) the old sidebars can still be found here: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !

  New container ship color

Well, it took a bit longer to get the final results tallied that I expected (summer vacations and all). But I'm pleased to announce that the color chosen for the new container ship is...drum roll please.... Dark Blue That's right. They were neck and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Spaceport Hailing Frequencies Open!

The BrickFest Space Coordinator is now opening a channel for incoming spacers to BrickFest 2004. All those coming or planning to come please respond to this post. The.Space Paparazzi will be the Coordinator, and he has some ambitious plans for the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

OK folks, Here it goes..... I have spent the last 11 months writing a new book on Lego. It will be released not as an actual book, but as a CD (IBM and MAC compatible!!!) It is about 80% done, and so far has 105,000 words on 300 pages. There will be (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Announcing Canadian changes to Shop At Home!

All, You may have noticed this week that the Canadian Shop At Home site was down for maintainence. Everything is back up and running now - with one addition. Pricing for Shop At Home for orders to Canada are now in Canadian dollars. Hopefully this (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca)

  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  BayLTC Opens Museum Exhibit

The Bay Area LEGO® Train Club (BayLTC) has opened its latest exhibit, at the Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society and Museum in Pleasanton, California, now through July 11, 2004. This layout represents several "firsts" for the club: first (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, FTX)

  Gaming at BrickFest!

Admiral Filz reporting on the status of gaming with LEGO bricks at BrickFest 2004! We have an exciting lineup of activities already scheduled, but there's room for more. If you are interested in coordinating a game that uses LEGO bricks, please fill (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes... A friendly reminder... The submittal deadline for BrickFest sessions is coming Friday, July 2, 2004. The best time slots are filling quickly, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up soon at: (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Knight's Kingdom sculpture at Starbase

Hi, In February I attended Toy Fair for my site billsbricks.com and had a chance to enter a guess the brick contest on a giant Knight's Kingdom Jayko sculptre at the LEGO pavilion in the Javit's Center. It was ouside of the booth. I did some math (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Blacktron Robots

Greetings, Here are some pictures of my Blacktron robots... (URL) the evil. Pete (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  New MOC: The A-Team and B.A.'s Van!!!

(URL) of my favorite shows growing up was the A-Team, so a while back after buying some extra NBA figure sets I decided to try making a MR. T figure. Once I was finished him, I thought what the heck, I might as well make the rest of the team! Next (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce)

  P'titgneugneu the stairs climber, was Re: CC3:Stairs,

Here is the (URL) write-up> about the robot I built for CC3:Stairs contest, that happened to win ;o) A bit flimsy, not too pretty, but it did the job! (URL) As the results have not been published here, I inserted the official announcement below. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New LEGO Stores!

In our effort to bring a little slice of LEGO heaven all corners of the world, we have 6 new LEGO stores coming soon! Bellevue, WA Santa Clara, CA San Mateo, CA Bridgewater, NJ McLean, VA Rockaway, NJ (For more details, keep an eye on the (URL) LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  CANCELLED: Re: LUCNY to display at Day Out With Thomas, Utica, NY June 18-27, 2004

For various reasons mostly due to the venue, LUCNY will NOT be participating in this event this year. In Lieu of this event, we will be having a local meeting to have some fun and play with our trains. This will likely be a two-day event; details to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, FTX)

  LUGNET Transition Update

As mentioned late last week, here's an update on the status of the LUGNET transition. Hopefully it will address recent concerns, as well as bring you some new, exciting news about the direction we're taking. First off, we consider new member issues (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Free Web Hosting for LUGs/LTCs

As part of my own effort to increase awareness of the LUG/LTC community, my company, Northstar Computer Systems, is offering free web hosting for any LEGO-related group. All that I ask is that you add a link from your site back to mine and that you (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Display Event

GtwLUG will be having a Train display on June 13th and 20th at The Wabash Frisco and Pacific Assn. Steam Railway in Eureka, Mo. For information and directions see their website at: www.wfprr.com Our display will be a 8' x 12' Layout with 2 running (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce)

  BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

Hello, I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club is interested in participating, please have a club representative e-mail me with your club affiliation and information. Also e-mail me a list of container cars that your club (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Pictures from the show are up and ready for viewing. (URL) us know what you think. Ray (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.western) !!

  Saturday June 19th Cleveland Area Gathering

I will be hosting an informal gathering of AFOLs in the Cleveland, OH area at my house on Saturday, June 19, 2004. Anyone in the area at that time is welcome to come, but I ask that you do please let me know that you are coming so that I can plan (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh.akr, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  BrickFest 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest attendees will witness the on-site assembly of a 21 panel LEGO mosaic featuring the image of the Capitol Building. In the tradition of the team building challenges at BrickFest and other AFOL events, BrickFest 2004 is no exception. I'm (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Update - New container ship colors

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd pass on some info from new container ship color survey. Right now, both the dark green (no not regular green) and dark blue choices are neck and neck. There have been 579 English NA 207 English EU 96 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.color) !

  HOT! Need your help in choosing...

Become part of history and vote on the new color for the next container ship.. The Maersk Container ship (set 10152) has been a huge success and will truly be a collector’s items. The limited quantity is nearly gone. Many community members have (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.color, FTX) !!

  Announcing the Alternate Star Wars Contests

Hi all, I'm here to announce the "Alternate Star Wars" contest that I'm currently hosting on the FBTB "LEGO Star Wars Customs" forum. The obvious and the main reason for it, is to boost the creativity in creating more Sci-fi based original customs. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space) !

  BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Committee invites the designers and artists of the community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2004 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 5th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The selected (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Announcing the MOCC

My Own Castle Competition. We are hereby happy to announce the official castle-building competition for the Castle Room at BrickFest 2004. The competition is pretty straightforward, but a lot can be done with it. It is the hope of the BrickFest 2004 (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests) !!

  Das 1. Buch L. -- Brick Testament book to be released in German this August

I am very pleased to announce that a German translation of (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis> will be coming out in Germany this August. In Germany the book go by the title (URL) 1. Buch L.>. I got my first look at it just (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.de, FTX) !

  Galactic Requiem update - Chapter 1 finished

At long last, (URL) Chapter 1> of my LEGO comic, (URL) Galactic Requiem>, is finished and uploaded. Seven brand new pages. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Galactic Requiem is a dystopic science fiction comic illustrated entirely with (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Jade Empire Wooshi

Our corporate intelligence sources have managed to sneak back some photos of a new Jade Empire weapon, the (URL) Wooshi>. Our sources have been unable to determine as yet whether this is powered armor or an advanced com-bot. It has been code-named (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO Books for your Club or Organization

Greetings, No Starch Press would like to extend to you an offer that might help support your user group. No Starch is willing to offer you books at a discounted price which you can then sell for full price to the general public at shows and events. (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Committee is calling upon club members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events) !!

  The Braintrust builds one for the Eastern Block.

As promised, I am announcing more new stuff from the Braintrust. This one's built with the intent to sell it to the Eastern Block. It's a battle support mech, with a capacity of 48 missiles, and two gatling guns. (URL) CBT-EB> I didn't have enough (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Updated "Breathe Some Life" Competition Entries

Hi All, I've recently added some Australian themed MOCs to my Brickshelf folder for the "The Great Breathe Some Life into .loc.au Competition!". Check out some pics at... (URL) let me know what you think! Cheers, Braith. -More to come ;) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce)

  BIP Updates

After a long hiatus in doing anything new with the Building Instructions Portal, I'm coming back! In the coming months, I'm going to be putting quite a bit of effort into re-writing the site's code, and adding new functionality. So in preparation (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

The Southern Pacific LEGO® Train Club (SPLTC) is pleased to announce our upcoming appearance at the 89th National Orange Show at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. Our club members have busy designing and building a new layout to (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak) !!

  Civilian Space moc contest entry - Space garbage truck

Hi all, Here's my entry in the contest. It's a garbage truck used for plucking defunct satellites and other space debris from orbit. (URL) It's a bit derivative, being part (URL) garbage ship, part Chris Giddens' PCS, and just a little bit Pete's (...) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX)

  AFOL records is up and running!!

(I'm posting this for Josh. I don't make a habit of giving myself kudos :) -Anne) AFOL records is up and running!! Thanks to Anne Henmi for developing the HTML for the site! (URL) Thanks for the submissions so far, and keep submiting! If you can (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  SCLTC at Brentwood Science Community Fair

SCLTC will present a condensed exhibit at the first annual Brentwood Science Community Fair in Brentwood, California. Featured items include the Crystal Towers Hotel with 8 operating elevators, the SCLTC Building, Hangar 50-52, a 10 foot (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !!

  A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ DC 2004

A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ DC 2004 One of the key parts of activities at BrickFest™ is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences, and learn from each other. So, once again we would like to offer an invitation to all individuals, Groups (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Galactic Requiem update - Desktops, and a vote

I have made some new desktop images for my LEGO comic, (URL) Galactic Requiem>. Here they are (old and new), in thumb version: (4 URLs) The full-scale images can all be found (URL) here>. I have gotten some complaints about the occational use of (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Brickfest Micro Moc Display and Contest

This is your chance to get creative, without breaking the Lego budget. It's my pleasure to let you know about the Micro Contest and Display! I'm calling out to ALL builders . . . The ideas are endless, but here is a bit of food for thought... (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Brickfest 2004 Animation Contest announcement

Crosspost to .announce and XFUT to lugnet.events.brickfest. (...) Thanks, Robert, for posting this on behalf of Josh. This is exciting news and it sounds like the team has selected a great theme! I hope we'll see lots of great entries... I look (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Pictures from MichLUG at Motor City Comic Con

(4 URLs) MichLUG was happy to display both Castle and Space layouts this past weekend. This was our largest Castle display yet and one our most packed Moonbases as well. (URL) Show Report and More Pictures> Enjoy! Jason Spears MichLUG/MichLTC (URL) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  AFOL Records NEEDS submissions!

(URL) please mail submissions to: submit@afolrecords.b...choice.com Most wanted: Most people in classic-castle.com chat Tallest minifig building, futuristic Tallest minifig building, prototypical Tallest minifig building, castle Largest castle (feet (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LUCNY to display at Day Out With Thomas, Utica, NY June 18-27, 2004

(URL) The Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY)> will be setting up and operating a 12 foot by 40 foot display of Lego Trains in Utica, NY, during the Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine event. (URL) A Day out With Thomas> is sponsored by the (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, FTX)

  More from the braintrust.

The braintrust will be rolling out a wide range of new productions in the near future.(chalk it up to the end of the spring semmester). First up on the block is the new CBT-200, it's the big brother of the (URL) CBT-100> This one is designed for (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO S@H Metroliner Discount Offer

ILTCO is pleased to extend an opportunity to the LUGNET community to take advantage of an offer previosuly extended to ILTCO members to purchase the LEGO Metroloiner at a substantial discount. LEGO Shop-at-Home North America is offering a special (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Introducing the 2004-2005 LDraw.org Steering Committee

Introducing the 2004-2005 LDraw.org Steering Committee It is our great pleasure to introduce ourselves as the first elected LDraw.org Steering Committee. Over the past few days, we have been settling into our roles, doing housekeeping, and orienting (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !!

  NGLTC display at Dawsonville LEGO Outlet store Memorial day weekend

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) will be presenting their annual train display on Saturday May 29th at the Dawsonville Georgia LEGO Outlet store at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall. The layout will be setup in front of the store from (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact