 Announcements / 2635
2634  |  2636
Subject:
Tech Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:13:51 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

After way to much ranting, I decided to take some of Spencer R’s advice and work on some building. While I do have a new building that I am working on (and several bricklink sellers know that it is full of tan and technic gears) this note isn’t about that.

I have been neglecting the writeup of my previous building for far too long. I built Tech Tower for my wife, Valerie, a GT alum. (Ok, I built it so I could have a Lego model that she could appreciate rather than complain about. The Lego Star Destroyer hanging from the ceiling in our living room just wasn’t her style.)

Anyway, without further ado, I would like to present Tech Tower from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA. It has appeared now in MichLUG and NELUG shows, and will soon be travelling to Brickfest2004.

Full write up is here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/4385

Brickshelf Gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87999

Also of note, this building (as all my buildings so far) has been designed using Ldraw (MLCAD to be precise), and built from the design. The reasoning was twofold: - no real place to keep a model and its associated pile of building materials in my house (especially with a then two year old running around) - I just didn’t have the parts, and I didn’t want to spend money on the parts, if I didn’t need them. So, I used MLCAD to generate a parts list and bought the list off of bricklink!

Let me know what you think! Go Jackets! :)

-Alfred