 Announcements / 2615
Moonbase Module: Mount SciBrick - Mech Bay 05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:13:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Moonbase Module: Mount SciBrick - Mech Bay 05

Good day all, here is a gift to SciBrick. I have been wanting to find a way to express my gratitude to the membership of SciBrick so I gave in the only way I know how; I built something. I built Mount SciBrick.

Before SciBrick’s first public display, some materials were procured and sent to the participating members. Due to the changes in my life as well as traveling on the Biomechanical Bricks Tour, I did not have adequet time to produce a MOC with the materials recieved.

Now, I offer this olive branch, a gift to the members. A way of saying that I believe in the mission of SciBrick and the creativity of it’s members.

This is for you gentlemen.
Sincerely yours,

Eric Sophie

Moonbase Module - Mount SciBrick - Mech Bay 05 - 2x3 Grey Base Plates - Modular Design - All six base plates separate - This domant volcano is a power up facility - Engineers have designed the power system to take power directly from the Moon’s interior. The Macro-bot docks for power-up.

Built with the rare Burnt Orange color, this Dormant Volcano contains lots of fun activity in its interior. Catwalks, and power controls are operated by the Minis. The rear of the Mountain features a viewable cross section of the interior levels.

A modular design, all six base plates separate and reconnect to form the Mountain along the seems of the baseplates.

Mount SciBrick, Mech Bay 05, contains 6 levels. The upper two levels are for machinery (not detailed yet). The Moonbase Coridoors at either end lead to pressurized control rooms built at the edge of the Volcano’s surface. A line of observation windows at the front of the Mountain hints at the location.

The center of the Mech Bay is a Power Station. The Volcano’s interior has been caped off and power for the Macro-bot is taken directly from the Moon’s interior. A white, light and sound rocket unit is mounted in the center of Mount SciBrick. Then when the buttons are pressed, 3 X-Pods are illuminated. The pods contain rows of Trans Yellow rounded 1x1’s.

The top of the Volcano contains a crystalized Lava dome. Containing approx. 150 1x2 trans yellow slopes and trans yellow 1x1’s, each.

I got the 1x2’s from Legoland Carlsbad just days before September 11th 2001, and the 1x1’s were a gift from Tim Courtney.

A k2 or Pick-a-Brick sized box of Burnt Orange 2x4 bricks (a little bigger than a shoe box) compose the outer skin of the Volcano. Additional Burnt Orange parts were a gift from Tim Caffery, in the sum of two Yoda’s.

An equal amount of Yellow Brick and all the ancient White Brick that I could scrounge up from all my years of colllecting complete the volume of the Mountain.

Both Mech Bay 04 and Mech Bay 05 will be at Brick Fest 2004!

A shot of the Mecha gantry:

Enjoy!