 Announcements / 246 (-100)
  [ldraw.org] Donations

All needed donations for ldraw.org have been recieved. Thanks to all of you who have donated: Larry Pieniazek Terry Keller Mike Stanley Jean-Pierre Paris Lars Hassing John VanZwieten The money will be taken care of soon and sent off to Todd to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

  IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Software Download Templates

I need to ask for help from those of you who have created utilities that are designed for use with LDraw or LDraw .dat format files. ldraw.org will be offering a centralized download section for these utilities. If you have created one of these (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

  Cracking down on unauthorized image links

I just happened across a couple unauthorized links from eBay auctions directly to images of sets hosted on the lugnet.com server. What people are doing is linking from various places (mostly eBay auctions) directly to the JPEG images. This is a big (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce)

  Temporary outage of FAQ work

Hey all LUGFAQ fans, Well, it happened. I have acquired a lot of short-term duties at work (1) and my Scotland vacation is coming up fast, so I am unable to continue work on the FAQ for at least a few months. I should be able to again dedicate time (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce)

  [ldraw.org] Progress

I haven't posted in a while concerning ldraw.org.  So far, a handful of pages have been created, along with a few templates.  I will end up doing the html myself for the site, but VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL NEEDED to work with assembling content. We still (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  emulegOS: a legOS (and RCX) emulator

Marco Beri and I just released the first version of emulegOS, a software emulator of legOS and the RCX itself. We like a lot legOS and the way it opens a broad range of possibilities to the RCX, but felt the need of a more comfortable environment (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ¡Legopalooza!

Pictures from Legopalooza have been posted, so all you concert-goers can see what you missed last weekend. This page will later be incorporated into my town section. Relevant questions/comments/criticisms are welcome. It's a bit slow-loading, but (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  Service interruptions - 11 May 99

I posted this to rec.toys.lego about 20 minutes ago... (...) Good news, Things now seem to be back up & running fine (of course there -could- still be further turbulence tonight). I'll have to tune in to the local pair newsgroups later tonight to (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  group lugnet.robotics.rcx created

[Crossposted to lugnet.robotics & lugnet.announce; followups set to lugnet.robotics & lugnet.robotics.rcx] All right -- better late than never... A new group lugnet.robotics.rcx has been created, and is there now for anyone wants to jump in and use (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

  .off-topic.qotd group nuked

The .off-topic.qotd group didn't work out as planned, and has been nuked. It may in the future come back someday under a different name, but until then the .off-topic.fun group (or other groups, as appropriate) can always be used for the sort of (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  New .off-topic groups: .geek, .pun, and .qotd

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] Three new newsgroups in the .off-topic hierarchy have just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following super-monster of a thread: (URL) make a long shory stort, the (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  New newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks

[Followups set to lugnet.legoland] Newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks have just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following thread: (URL) lugnet.legoland (group and hierarchy): General LEGOLAND® (not (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.rb.bil, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.de)

  New newsgroup lugnet.trains.org

[Followups set to lugnet.trains.org] A new newsgroup lugnet.trains.org has just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following thread: (URL) lugnet.trains (group and hierarchy): Train mania: modeling, layouts, (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  New newsgroup lugnet.market.theory

[Followups set to lugnet.market.theory] A new newsgroup lugnet.market.theory has just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following threads: (2 URLs) lugnet.market.* (hierarchy): Auctioning, buying, selling, (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  New newsgroups in lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy

[Followups set to lugnet.cad.dev] Six new specialized newsgroup in the lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy have just been created for posting various types of LDraw DAT files -- for example: models, scenes, building ideas, and parts. For background on what (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Yonkers New York newsgroup renamed

(...) All right, Ed, I'll be counting. ;-) OK -- so -- the Yonkers, New York, U.S.A. newsgroup has just been renamed: from: lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny.yon to: lugnet.loc.us.ny.yon And anyone who has e-mail subscriptions to the Yonkers group has been (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.yon, lugnet.loc.us.ny)

  [ldraw.org] Progress

During the last week or so, Jacob and I have worked on the templates for ldraw.org. I feel that they are just about set, and definitely ready to recieve content. I still need to work on the images for the multilanguage support pages in Danish, (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Halloween Lego Design Contest Reminder

Hello everyone! One month ago I publicly launched the Halloween Lego Design Contest here on LUGNET and RTL. It is my plan to make monthly announcements to help remind those interested in participating and for those people who have only recently (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Working on the FAQ

Hey y'all, We're really working to get a FAQ put together! :-, The FAQ will be patterned after the LUGNET site structure, and has room for Q+A on anything and everything you'd expect to see on LUGNET. If you have any questions for the FAQ -- or (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New LEGO Backgrounds

My backgrounds are now in GIF format: (URL) LMKWYT! --Bram (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  New LEGO Backgrounds

Hi all, I finally got around to translating a nifty tiling geometric figure into LEGO format (inspired by Fibblesnork LEGO Backgrounds) Feel free to use the images using the terms listed. If anyone wants other colors, please let me know. Here's the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club has just been accepted to show at the National Model Railroad Association's National Convention. The three day event will be held at RiverCentre Convention Center in St. Paul, MN from July 23-25th. For complete (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) The upload.asp page came up this time with no complaints or detours, so it might work now, though I didn't upload any pictures to test it. -Tom McD. when replying feel free to not include the spamcake. (my apologies for the double post to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Everything LEGO links page to LUGNET

Hello everyone, This is an announcement to say that the Everything LEGO links page has migrated to LUGNET. Todd has graciously agreed to take over maintenance of the links page since I am no longer able to host the traffic at its present site. The (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  [ldraw.org] Status/Help Needed

As the site templates begin to take shape, we need to begin organizing volunteers for various aspects of the site.  This is the current status of various site areas: 1. Multilanguage Support - Group Leader Jacob Sparre Andersen (Danish translation) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  B&W Jpeg of Passager Plane 2532

Hello Gang- Got my Lugnet access going. You can view the picture of the new plane set #2532 at: (URL) new set is not all Town Jr. The front of the plane is your usual airplane windshield, however the side windows look real small for "glass". It has (...) (25 years ago, 20-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Mindstorms Challenge

Hello, Once again, Thames Science Center in Newport Rhode Island will host a LEGO Mindstorms competition and is looking for LEGO robot builders of all ages to participate. The rules for this challenge and registration information are posted on (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  www.ldraw.org Registration Sent

This morning Jacob Sparre Andersen sent me the information for the hugin.risoe.dk server where ldraw.org will be hosted, along with the technical contact info for the administrator at the Risø National Research Centre where the server resides. This (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  U.S. and Canada: New groups for states and provinces

60 new local newsgroups have just been created: 12 at province level in Canada and 48* at the state level in the U.S. Rationale for creating the new groups: - Help people locate one another and hold discussions across sparsely populated areas. - (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca)

  New version of BlockCAD - 1.7 - with shading and background pictures

I'm happy to announce the version 1.7 of my building program BlockCAD. Ever since Paul Gyugyi released LdLite, I have wanted to have shading in BlockCAD too, and now it's there! Another new thing is the possibility to have background pictures on the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Builder's Gallery

(...) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  Builder's Gallery

The official Lego site ((URL) has a "Builder's Gallery" area now where people can upload their own creations. Each month, eight creations will be chosen for a vote by web club members for a "Builder of the Month." Each web-club member can have 4 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Prototype Starwars Pictures ONLINE!

OK, I had to go on a mission and walk 30 mins to my friend's house. Anyway, these scans are big but they are good quality. (URL) (364KB) (URL) (345KB) (URL) (119KB) - not so good quality. Hope these work - they are case dependent - I had to use (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars)

  The Gary Louie Memorial Auction

Subject auction, which we discussed here and via e-mail in the February timeframe, will hopefully get under way soon. I have begun constructing the lots at SeriousCollector and hope to launch by Friday. Featured lots so far: 4537 Twin Tank unopened (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.announce)

  Carlsbad Legofest Pics Online

Greetings.. I have recently assembled a gallery of Carlsbad Legofest pics I took a couple weeks ago tonight for you all to see. Please take a look and let me know what you think at tcourtney@avenew.com The url is: (URL) also threw in a couple pics (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Halloween Lego Design Contest

Hello Everyone, I don't know about all of you, but my favorite time of the year is Halloween and my favorite pastime is building with my Lego collection. This year, Erik Wilson's Ancient Design Contest sparked an idea and soon Felix Greco, Anne (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  SeriousCollector

Check THIS out: (URL) this isn't for real, it is one of the most elaborate practical/April Fool jokes I have ever seen. Note the anti sniping policy! Any bid keeps the auction alive for 24 hours. ** I LIKE that ** I am not so keen on having to give (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw Add-On 2.0.3 Now Available

[follow-ups set to lugnet.cad] The new version of LDraw Add-On (LDAO) is now available. This is version 2.0.3. The major change is a fix so Visual Basic 5 runtime files are no longer needed (this affected new users trying to install LDAO 2.x). Also (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Bidder Wizard (beta) ready to download

Bidder Wizard is a FREE program to help internet auction bidders to keep track of their lots. It has been developed with Lego parts auctions in mind. The name "Bidder Wizard" has been proposed by Chuck Cottrill. Thanks Chuck! The main features (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  How to

Howdy, ...for those of you interested, I spent my spring break cleaning the school's Legos. You might want to take a look at: (URL) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Pictures of (very?) old Lego Idea book

Hi all! I've tried to take pictures (no scanner yet!) of my old Lego idea book. It must be from about 1960, I'm not sure exactly when - perhaps someone else can give more details... (URL) page is slow, and the picture quality is not the best, but (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Mindstorms Competition

Hello, Thames Science Center has a LEGO Mindstorms competition this Saturday March 27. You can register following the instructions on (URL) or you can simply WALK-IN with your robot the day of the challenge. The mission rules are published on (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Mindstorms Competition

Thames Science Center in Newport, Rhode Island will have a LEGO Mindstorms Competition on March 27th at 2:00 PM. The General Rules are posted in (URL) The mission rules will be published on March 18th. This is their third challenge so far, it is (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Another Math Lesson

Howdy, ...jsut added another math lesson ( thanks to Erik Brok! It was his suggestion...he is super cool! ) to my website! (URL) it out and let me know what you think. Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Duane's Lego Page Update

I have restructured my Lego page to (hopefully) be a little more user friendly. Please send me some feed back to let me know what other changes could be made to my pages to make them more enjoyable. Thanks, Duane (URL) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroup lugnet.db.inv for inventories of LEGO sets

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.database] A new newsgroup lugnet.db.inv has just been created. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.db.inv (group): Special data-oriented group for the storage and retrieval of parts inventories of LEGO® sets (one set per post); (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroup lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] A new newsgroup lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands has just been created. For background on what led up to this, please visit the following archived articles: (14 URLs) lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (group): (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Training at Trail Winds!

Howdy, ...just posted pictures of teacher LEGO training at Trail Winds Elementary. Please check out: (URL) the 14th picture of Clifford the Big Red Dog with a Lego power pack. Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Lego Math Curriculum

Howdy, ...I have posted a new set of web pages dedicated to applying Lego constructives to a sixth grade math curriculum! Please check it out and let me know what you think... (URL) here are a series of specific lesson plans: (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

A new group of LEGO train fanatics are organizing the "Greater Midwest Lego Train Club". Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the club currently has a 13' x 15' layout built entirely from Lego bricks. We have approximately 70 pieces of custom rolling (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  See a Motorized Boat!

Howdy, Please check out my new web page...it chronicles how a student named Alex built a motorized Lego boat. (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  See my water fountain!

Howdy, ...just posted my water fountain at (URL) my Japanese style lamp at (URL) check them out and let me know what you think! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New Web Page for B&G Club

Howdy all, ...the Boys and Girls Club of Ada County just held an open house with their new AOE Lego lab...we hosted a buildathon! Check out the cool stuff kids built. (URL) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Group/list for pbFORTH created

[Followups set to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth] A new newsgroup/mailing-list for focused pbFORTH discussions has been created: CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth (group): Focused discussion group for pbFORTH, an unofficial (...) (26 years ago, 26-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Lego Engineering Open House at the Boys and Girls Club

PCS Academy of Engineering Site License Installed at Boys and Girls Club of Ada County PCS Education Systems, Inc. announced today that the official opening of the Academy of Engineering program at the Boys and Girls Club of Ada County will be on (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  National Engineers Week

Howdy, I have just posted some pics of student projects celebrating National Engineers Week at (URL) check it out. You might also catch the eweek contest at (URL) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Water Fountain Pic

Howdy, ...check out my first attempt at a Lego water fountain. This is on my desk at the school! (URL) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Oh CANADA.... S@H weekly specials begin!

Finally the Great White North is trying the S@H weekly special. I was making orders today and when I was finished my operator started to explain what a "weekly special" was. She was a little surprised at my exuberance to a plan she hadn't finished (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.general)

  Lego Pinatas!

Howdy, ...just got around to posting pictures from last summer's ROBOT CAMP at PCS. Check it out: (URL) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Lego Locks

Howdy all, ...I have added some updates ( better pics ) to my Lego Locks webpage. www.weirdrichard.com/lock.htm Please check it out! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  BlockCAD Version 1.6 released

Hi All! My Lego drawing program BlockCAD has reached version 1.6 What's new in 1.6: - Minor bug fixes (they are _always_ minor :-) - New pieces: Rounded plates, small wings, panels, minifigs (sort of...) - A group can be saved as a sub-assembly - (...) (26 years ago, 20-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  ZIP Version of LDraw Tutorial

I just uploaded a ZIP file of the entire LDraw and LEdit Tutorial [1] ( (URL) ) so that anyone can now read the tutorial offline. Please remember to contact me before using it for anything else, though. To get it it, go to: (URL) only 410 Kb! (...) (26 years ago, 20-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Group/list for NQC created

[Followups set to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc] A new newsgroup/mailing-list for focused NQC discussions has been created: CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc (group): Focused discussion group for NQC ("Not Quite C"), an unofficial (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Group/list for legOS created

[Followups set to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos] A new newsgroup/mailing-list for focused legOS discussions has been created: CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos (group): Focused discussion group for legOS, an unofficial replacement (...) (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Old scans - new URL

My scans from old Disney comics magazines are back at a new URL: (URL) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Girls *CAN* build

Howdy, ...just posted version one of a page discussing the issue of introducing girls to technology using Legos. www.weirdrichard.com...irlsed.htm Please check it out. Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Barcodes have changed!! :-(

I noticed on the new 1999 Space Port and City sets they come with a barcode that doesn't have the set number contained within. eg. Old form 5 702010 9nnnnx Where x is any number n is the set number. Also 702019 and 702011 - these are for promotional (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lego Easter Eggs!

Looks like the image link is broken, by looking at the page source I found the picture of the egg packaging here: (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce)

  Virtual Flower Delivery Service

In honor of Valentine's Day, "Flowers-By-Harry" Online wishes to extend the following reminder of their online flower delivery service: (URL) from four lovely Valentine Arrangements, write a custom greeting, address the card, and it's off to the (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Lego Easter Eggs!

Lego Easter Eggs! Seen in the UK today, cost GBP4.99! Contains 1 of 4 sets and a big, chocolate easter egg! See my site for a picture of the packaging. Select the egg reference on the side. (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk)

  New newsgroups lugnet.robotics.events & lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena

[Followups set to lugnet.robotics.even...bot-arena] (...) Both of these groups have just been created. Here are their brief charters: CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.robotics.events (group and hierarchy): Organized events, competitions, (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena)

  Perilous Pirates Re-Unveiled!

Hey Lugnet! I took the occasion of my birthday (yesterday 2/11) to announce the Perilous Pirate Page on RTL. I 'm now extending an invitation to the Lugnet nuts to check the page out at: (URL) the present time only 3 of the 6 links work. I will (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New web site

I published my personal web site, which includes a Lego section. It's a very simple site, don't expect too much. (URL) Lego section covers my Mindstorm robotic creations and a collection of images of Lego pieces from the Sixties and Seventies. Any (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroup lugnet.cad.dev

[Followups set to lugnet.cad.dev] -- A new newsgroup lugnet.cad.dev has just been created for developers of LEGO- style CAD systems and components. Here is the charter: lugnet.cad.dev (group): CAD developers forum: in-depth technical discussions, (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Gary Louie Death

I was just catching up on some rtl news today when I saw a message posted yesterday (2/7/99) about Gary Louie's death. I had limited contact with Gary - he once participated in one of my auctions - but I always read many of the messages he posted to (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New website - Wild West MOCs

At this point I only have 4 photos scanned in, but here's a first look at the Top Hat Saloon and the Patriot Hotel: (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Allanton NZ ... Web pages updated

I have finally got around to updating pictures of my latest creations plus added my Western creations made over 1 1/2 years ago. In the Business Directory ... Adventure Tours ... Tourist Submarine that holds 10 passengers and 1 pilot. Fisheries ... (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  GRAND OPENING!

< * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > Announcing the GRAND OPENING of The Brick Yard! (URL) * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > < * > "This is it... the big one... the one you've all been waiting for." 'Pop Goes the World', Men Without (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  tente page

the construction clone site has the recent addition of a tente page. (URL) been curious about these sets for quite a while and the recent acquisition of a 1991 catalog has given me the chance to add some scans for other fans that might not have (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Mindstorms announcement

There's a message in the "announcements" forum on www.legomindstorms.com asking if any adult Mindstorms users from the Washington, D.C. area want to be interviewed by Swiss TV. It's dated Feb. 1, 1999. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Working for LEGO

A brand new LEGO Truck Show starts its New Zealand tour on February 13. During the ten weeks that the truck is touring the country, I am going to be the LEGO Truck Show Co-ordinator and will travel with the truck. This is a very responsible position (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  My try at a Castle

After seeing Dr. Carney's castles, I had to try my hand at one. Follow the link in my sig file, go to the Lego pages, scroll down. Let me know what ya think. I also added pictures of my 60" yellow bridge and more images of my "wooden" trestle (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw Add-On updated; version 2.0.2

[follow-ups set to lugnet.cad] The new version of LDraw Add-On (LDAO) is now available. This is version 2.0.2. Almost all bug fixes, with one enhancement/course correction. Get LDAO 2.0.2 at (URL) Steve (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  40 new Photos of my City; more

All: Hello! I have a whole TON of announcements about changes to my site! I've added a whole ton of stuff in the last 2 weeks. A list of the most recent changes are at (URL) Here's a brief summary: - I just put up about 40 new pictures of my city (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  train availability in canada

According to Canadian S@H sales rep I contacted yesterday (99/01/25) 4533, 4553 and 4556 should be available in Canada by the end of March. I hope that they will now support full range of train set in Canada to. Martin (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Instructions on set #315 available

(The 196x Veteran Car European Taxie) (URL) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  my new "news" web pages

I have created a web site to archive news stories about The LEGO Group. I have several stories there already. (URL) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Lego Loss details, from BBC news....

Apologies if it has already been posted. To view it on the site, go to (URL) do a search for Lego, they are the top two returns. Monday, January 18, 1999 Published at 15:01 GMT Business: The Company File Red brick for Lego Lego has been slow to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Slight change in gateway addressing method

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] [This message is also being e-mailed to news-by-mail subscribers] The Quick Summary ===...=== The format of the 'From' lines on news-by-mail messages is improving to be more useful and intuitive. However, it (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

Yup!! Starwars are in there now! They Also updated (URL) but you have to be a webclub member. I guess I'll have to join now. They don't seem to have the Episode 1 sets yet though. Jeff (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  New models on my Web page

Hi folks, I've added six new Lego models to my Web page "In the Service of Her Majesty's Secret Death Squad", at (URL) that might be of high interest: the Mako Project and the "Mad Wabbit" Battle Armor. (1) Check out the What's New? page at (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw Add-On 2 Now Available

[follow-ups set to lugnet.cad] The new version of LDraw Add-On (LDAO) is now available. This is version 2.0.1 (For those of you who downloaded December's beta-test, this is the fix). The main new feature is a Modeler tool. This tool works with (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  NEW Super Car has SIX Gears!

The UK 1999 Catalogue is available. Here's the info you want: (URL) around 400Kb - at 150dpi - I had to get this resolution to read the text. (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Robert G. Carney, Jr.'s castles!

Robert G. Carney, Jr.'s castle page is this week's Cool LEGO Site of the Week pick. If you haven't seen these yet, these are a MUST SEE! (I've called web pages "must see" before, but these reach a new level!) (URL) is the CLSotW review-text: Once (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroup lugnet.announce.lsahs

[Followups set to lugnet.market.shopping] -- A very special new newsgroup lugnet.announce.lsahs has just been created. Here is the charter: lugnet.announce.lsahs (group): Unofficial announcements pertaining to LEGO® Shop-At-Home Service: summaries (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Web Page Update

Finally, I've got some more images up. Start here (URL) ,go to Lego Pages. Comments welcome. Thanks Tom (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Duane's LEGO page

My new webpage is now up and functional. (URL) not pretty, but I hope that the content will make up for the presentation. I welcome any suggestions for improvements. Duane (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  www.zacktron.com is online

Greetings all: Tonight I have just uploaded the first public release of www.zacktron.com. It is far from complete, but I wanted to get it up as soon as possible. Currently, the only section available is the Zacktron Alliance, and the new Lego (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Contest: Win a Mindstorms

Howdy all, The PCS Academy of Engineering is giving away a LEGO Mindstorms! It will be given away in a drawing held on January 29 in Boise Idaho. To sign up, attend one of the three JA & Kathryn Albertson Foundation Technical Initiative Conventions: (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

  US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

Duplo/Freestyle 2029 Medium Primo Stack & Learn $6.75 $3.50 CD100 Lego Island $39.75 $29.75 P100 Kids Polo Shirt $18.00 $9.00 (call for size and availability) System 3200 Scala Dressing Room $16.50 $8.50 4022 Sea Cutter $33.00 $16.50 6836 V-Wing (...) (26 years ago, 11-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact