 Announcements / 173
172  |  174
Subject:
New newsgroup lugnet.cad.dev
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:43:24 GMT

[Followups set to lugnet.cad.dev]

--

A new newsgroup lugnet.cad.dev has just been created for developers of LEGO-
style CAD systems and components.  Here is the charter:

   lugnet.cad.dev (group):
      CAD developers forum: in-depth technical discussions, software
      architecture, interoperability, tools, parts planning & tracking,
      standards, etc. (Formerly the L-CAD mailing list).

   lugnet.cad (group and hierarchy):
      Discussions of CAD software/models/animations, LDraw, LDLITE,
      LeoCAD, L3G0, L2P, L3P, BlockCAD, etc.

which has decided to make the transition from a mailing list into a
newsgroup and rejoin with the larger online LEGO fan community.

To make the transition as painless as possible for L-CAD list subscribers,
everyone who was subscribed to L-CAD is now subscribed to lugnet.cad.dev
via e-mail.  Subscribers can, of course, remove lugnet.cad.dev from the list
of groups they receive by mail and choose to read via NNTP news instead.

Doug Finney is investigating options for dealing with stragglers who miss
the move and later send a message to the L-CAD@LISTSERV.UH.EDU list.

--

URLs for the lugnet.cad.dev newsgroup:

   news://lugnet.com/lugnet.cad.dev        (main NNTP port)
   news://lugnet.com:8000/lugnet.cad.dev   (alternate port)
   news://lugnet.com:8080/lugnet.cad.dev   (alternate port)

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dev  (HTTP/web)

To receive lugnet.cad.dev by e-mail, visit:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/

--Todd