 Administrative / Terms of Use / 512
Re: who does chris think he is?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:59:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote:
1. cant say "the seven words" in .general
2. CAN say BS in RTL
3. OK to mock calum .foo, CANT mock him in .general

This sort of highlights something that I wonder about. Are smaller, out-of-the
way groups more suitable for otherwise questionable behavior? With things like
off-topic.debate, it's skipped by default, so there's less chance that (say) a
kid will see it. But it's still possible. If I say something that's a borderline
offense in .general, would/should that be treated differently than if it showed
up in .nelug?

I seem to recall long ago that .local.au was able to sort of change their group
charter. IIRC they argued that the .market heirarchy was too US-based, and
wanted their own local trades/sales/etc to be allowed in .au, which by default
wasn't the case.

In something like this, where the Lego club "RTLToronto" actually had this group
created for their needs, should they get any more influence over what is and
isn't allowed in their own group? Obviously, it's still Lugnet's sandbox, and
Todd et all can dictate what's allowed if they want, but I guess it just feels
to me like RTLers should perhaps have a bit more control over 'their' group.

Man, listen to me... I just tried to establish precedant with .local.au. I guess
that's just the lawyer in me trying to come out.

DaveE

FUT .admin.terms