 Administrative / General / 5066
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:06:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Steve Bliss (<ctgfcsop8uaj5lc1dcajkf6rbfvh25o1pt@4ax
.com>) wrote at 15:47:34

I didn't explain my idea very clearly, sorry.  I figured the server
could take the [1,10] votes, and map them to the [-100,100] range.  The
mapping could even be non-linear, but that's probably overkill.

BUT, like Dan said, avoid the numbers altogether.  The horizontal UI
thingy allows you to only use general labels.

Perhaps if the numbers were mapped to a coloured indicator?

You could have an orange-red for high scores, & blue-green for lows,
with a spectrum in between.
--
Tony Priestman