 Administrative / General / 4843
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:48:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Tony Priestman writes:

Speaking as an NNTP person, I juge articles by the number of replies
they get, and I wouldn't see any of this at all.

Does this make you read or avoid them? :)

Would it be possible to have a thread view that showed the 'best' articles?
E.G., I don't have time to read through all of the religious debate on
off-topic, but I wouldn't mind reading through some of the more insightful
posts. Maybe having different coloured or shaped dots? Or just posts over a
certain level, with dotted/broken lines indicating the skipped threading?

I'm not being negative, I just don't go to lugnet very often, and I
can't see what benefit it gives.

It's probably the least useful for those people using NNTP. It is feasible
though, that those people who recieve articles by email could register to
recieve only articles over a certain level, or have the 'best' articles mailed
to a different inbox.

Richard