 Administrative / General / 4855
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 04:38:16 GMT

[snip a lot of math]

         sum(V,1,n)
     =  ------------ ,     V[1..n] defined, with V[1]=0

What amuses me most about this is that the 1 - 1/(n+1)  softener can actually
exist as *part of* the classic pure-linear averaging function just by a very
slight and trivial alteration of the way votes are accumulated.

where in here does it take into account how many people are in the group?  Can
you weigh in the number of people who are subscribed to that group?  Since they
are the ones most likely to vote/notice posts to it...  ?

Also, (Jenn asks, and I forget if you mentioned this before), will it be
possible to vote through the news/mail interface?

:)

Dan