 Administrative / General / 4829
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 03:00:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
But I'm enough of a narcissist that I'd be prone to artificially boost the
score on my own messages.  And I suspect I'm not alone.  (You know who you
are. ;-)  Should voting on articles you've written be allowed?

Maybe a simple IP check? It's not perfect, but if someone goes to all the
trouble of getting different IP addresses to vote from, then maybe they have
something important to say!

It'll just use the Member ID to verify who you are.  All magically and
transparently through cookies.  You have to be logged in, of course, and
only Members can moderate (cast votes).

I wonder if someone would click their market.auction posting into prominence
this way? :)

The system would enforce one vote per person, so the most anyone could boost
any of their own postings is miniscule.

--Todd