 Administrative / General / 4824
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 02:13:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd Lehman wrote:
OK, that (above) was the internal math side of things.  That part would all
be (thank god :) completely transparent to users, who'll simply want to be
able to click a button and see the current score.  And maybe later, also be
able to rank things by score.  This could help a lot in getting visibility
to things -- tied with the Spotlight and the Channels stuff.  Even if only
a handful of people actively end up choosing to vote.

The only reason I read Slashdot is because of the article scoring.  Not a bad
system, that.

But I'm enough of a narcissist that I'd be prone to artificially boost the
score on my own messages.  And I suspect I'm not alone.  (You know who you
are. ;-)  Should voting on articles you've written be allowed?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society