 Administrative / General / 4865
Re: Article scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:37:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:

Also, (Jenn asks, and I forget if you mentioned this before), will it be
possible to vote through the news/mail interface?

That was (almost) my first question/concern, as well.

Definitely not through a newsreader unless someone writes themselves an
extension (easy in emacs?, probably a lot harder in other newsreaders) for
their newsreader.

Possibly maybe later through SMTP, but initially only through HTTP.  I don't
think it'll take too many active participants before it begins to have a
positive effect.  (We'll see!  :-)

Hmm.  I'd like to see something available, at least through SMTP,
assuming users-of-newsreaders could vote by forwarding messages to one
(or more) vote-accounts.

Then again, I haven't signed up as a member yet, so my opinion can't
count for much in this particular venture.

Steve