 Administrative / General / 4562
Re: Ebay auction Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:46:29 GMT

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message
<38AE2AFB.C536D2FB@compuserve.com>...
4) The easiest way to find all the private auctions easily, would be to
have a private auctions group, not just get rid of all the ebay auction
posts.

Kevin

That is OK by me, although only a "half-full" / "half-empty" way of looking
at it! Not much different from what I had suggested.

My request was just somehow to split the e-bay auctions from others. Because
of the sheer volume of e-bay posts, it would make sense to me to add an
"market.auction.e-bay" group. Otherwise, we would have a "market.auction"
and "market.auction.private". It just isn't very descriptive.

I realize that e-bay Lego has 2500 or so auctions, and am not opposed at all
to having auctioneers posting to LUGNET. I do go through the auctions at
e-bay, just on my own time.

I just want a quick way to sift through the LUGNET postings, because I will
read about e-bay auctions later when I am on e-bay.

My $0.02!

Eric