 Administrative / General / 4563
Re: Ebay auction Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Rose wrote:
I would like to once again ask for two Auction groups, one for Ebay auction
announcements (totally annoying IMO) and private Auctions. I look in
auctions for private auction announcements but too many are for Ebay
auctions and I find that I miss the private auction announcements.
Especially annoying is when they don't list in their heading that the post
is for Ebay.
I buy and sell on Ebay but I don't come to LUGNET to read these, I will find
your listing when I go to Ebay!!!!!!!!.

A couple of points here:

4) The easiest way to find all the private auctions easily, would be to
have a private auctions group, not just get rid of all the ebay auction
posts.

Here's where things could get a little tricky.What about yahoo.? I find myself
using it more & more lately. I would hate to see my items not get the exposure
on Lugnet because I am limited to announce them only in a newsgroup designed
for those who hate ebay.(1) (I'm only guessing that yahoo would end up lumped
in with ebay on Lugnet. I don't see how it could fall into a private auciton
category.)

5) I would like to see any proposal for splitting the auction group
posted on market.auction itself to get the opinions of everyone who
frequents that group. Many (most?) people don't read admin.general.

Yes, I agree.
Julie
(1)Rose, who started this thread, states she does like ebay, but not the
annoucements about ebay auctions on Lugnet. "Those who hate ebay" refers to the
people who *hate* ebay.

Kevin

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com