 Administrative / General / 4569
Re: Ebay auction Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:53:33 GMT

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:50:32 GMT, "Julie Krenz" <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote:

Here's where things could get a little tricky.What about yahoo.? I find myself
using it more & more lately. I would hate to see my items not get the exposure
on Lugnet because I am limited to announce them only in a newsgroup designed
for those who hate ebay.(1) (I'm only guessing that yahoo would end up lumped
in with ebay on Lugnet. I don't see how it could fall into a private auciton
category.)

Unless this new group were designed to host third-part for-profit
auction listings.  For-profit meaning the site itself took a cut of
the auction proceeds through listing fees, percentages, or both.

In that case Yahoo! wouldn't be there, but Serious Collector would be.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?