 Administrative / General / 4616
Re: Ebay auction Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:41:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley wrote:

And what about the web interface?  What about people in Euroland that
pay by the minute for connectivity and read via the web.

Good point.

Note, I'm fully aware of how worried this may make some of the regular
eBay sellers, but I don't think that should be much of a concern to
you or anyone else (and note I sell on eBay from time to time anyway).
Some might say "but my auctions won't get as much exposure if they are
only posted to .auction.eBay.  True.  One could also say they would
get even more exposure if posted to lugnet.general, but we don't allow
that, do we?  So many of the rules here seem to be designed to place
content where it belongs, and especially with respect to auctions, to
place it NOT where some people don't want to see it.  Don't think this
should be any different.

Alternatively, collecting all eBay announcements in one place may *raise*
effective exposure.  It puts all the eBay announcements in one place, where they
are easy to retrieve.

Steve