 Administrative / General / 4561
Re: Spam by proxy ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:57:48 GMT

Requiring a join as a condition of sale/purchase is certainly legal in
my book, but it's not a tactic I would use. Not sure I'd call it wrong,
though. Nor is a note to you offering to purchase "spam", per se,
Annoying, perhaps, but it doesn't fit the SPAM definition which has bulk
mailing inherent in it. IMHO.

I am seriously contemplating a modification to my factoring that changes
the fee structure from a flat 1 buck for payment or receipt to a [.75
cents if electronic, 1.50 if paper check] structure, as it is a LOT
easier for me to pay or receive funds electronically. I just wish they
integrated with Quicken.

My notes to current factoree payees urge payment via X even if they
didn't select it in the form.

I would also consider offering discounts on sales to electronic payers.
Heck, I know I will.

Those all, I feel, are perfectly legit.

Don't count on regulation to save you from a crater. Do your due
diligence. I've investigated X and PayPal and satisfied myself as to
their bonafides. I also don't leave more money there than I care to
lose, just in case.

FUT market.theory as I am not sure that this is really an admin thread.
Even the original contention that you were being spammed, while
unfortunate and of concern, isn't quite within the admin charter I don't
think.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!