 Marketplace / Theory / 1024
Re: What is spam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 22:45:05 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.theory, James Brown writes:
I think the common definition of spam has grown to include newsgroups and
mailing lists.

I think it actually _started_ with newsgroups, and has since grown to • include
mailing lists and other areas.

Yup, that's my memory also. I know lists existed when I started reading
newsgroups, but there weren't very many (of course at that time, you could
actually read the whole list of newsgroups also, at that time, there was one
newsgroup, comp.sys.mac, though discussion was in progress for splitting
it...).

Frank