 Marketplace / Theory / 1016
Re: What is spam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:02:27 GMT

I'm going to stick by the definition as it's commonly accepted. Spam is
unsolicited bulk email. Bulk in that it wasn't written by a human and
isn't personal to you. Unsolicited in that you didn't ask for it. A
mailing list or distro list that you're on doesn't emit spam unless you
were placed there against your will.

Taglines on siggies are not spam. They're merely adverts inserted into
real mail.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!