 Administrative / General / 1585
Re: Charters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 20:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com (Tom McDonald)
writes:
Idea (possibly stupid): can a link be hardcoded into the display.cgi page so
that I can read a group's charter more readily? Might be helpful for newbies
too.

Like this--?

  http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/pun/

Very much like that. :) I like that format very much. I had a feeling (didn't
I?) that when you had us look at that "mystery" page that that's what you were
doing.

One very small criticism of that style of page would be that I would rather see
a longer list of posts, which might be handy for busier groups. I've grown
accustomed to seeing at least 19 posts on each group's list.

Could we also have a link to the traffic page on this new style of page? Just a
thought.

<buttkiss>  :*  (ascii-art tush deleted)
Watching lugnet grow and take shape before my eyes is fun! I'm not aware of the
half that goes on to make it work, but this is truly a nicely constructed site.
My thanks to Todd and to everyone who contributes/has contributed to it.
</buttkiss>

But seriously, it's cool. And knowing why things work the way they do makes it
even better. Thanks for keeping us "in the know" about it's development.

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't kiss the spamcake.