 Administrative / General / 1607
Re: The name/purpose of the QOTD group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 14:32:54 GMT

Kill QOTD, I don't care, it's the easiest solution. It's not a high
value add group anyway.

But I do think we need to explore the mechanics and technology of
moderation as a community experiment. Moderation (or review of
information) will appear more and more in LUGNET as we go forward and
QOTD presents a learning opportunity because it NEEDS to be moderated to
be successful. Solving the problems Todd raised around the sociology and
mechanics of moderation is needful and must be done sooner or later.

Why I volunteered to moderate is beyond me (other than that I've done it
before) since I can't even seem to get my auction winnings out to people
in a timely fashion. But I did and the offer stands. It IS something you
can do from anywhere, unlike packing stuff for shipping.

Net net: I don't care about QOTD other than as a vehicle to explore
moderation...

Hopefully it's a distinction with a difference. Helps?

Ed Jones wrote:

I'm beginning to like the suggestion someone made earlier of just canning
the group and letting these things fall where they may, or into .off-
topic.fun or .general or wherever the most appropriate place is in each
case.

--Todd

I agree.  Considering that this is supposed to be fun, I think too many people
are making this way to cerebral!!!  Its beginning to look a whole lot like the
dreaded LEGO/LEGOS threads.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.