 Administrative / General / 12008
12007  |  12009
Subject:
LDraw shortcut images in FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:19:58 GMT

why does this (the shortcut for a skeleton) work:

<<LDrawPart(6260c01:15)>>

but this(the shortcut for the train wheel holder, wheels and axle completel assembly) doesn’t:

<<LDrawPart(2878c01:0)>>

nor does this (the shortcut for 2 wheels and an axle, used in the above):

<<LDrawPart(2879c01:0)>>

Is it some sort of unreasonable prejudice against .train people(1)? Or is it merely the much less sinister explanation that the images need regeneration, as these subassemblies are relatively recent? Or something else? Does it matter that one of the shortcuts is nested 2 deep?

(note to readers in the future, if you see all 3 images, it was fixed, whatever it is... right now I see broken image links for the latter 2)

1 - the auto weights for spotlighting were recently adjusted by Todd... he boosted announce and announce.moc further, anything posted to announce.moc now gets a boost of +500, equivalent to if 5 people decided to spotlight it... he also suggested that .space get +1000 and .trains get -1000... clearly the suggestion of an insane madman as the right weighting would be just the opposite, sigh... but I digress.