 Administrative / General / 12030
Re: New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:51:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Here are what I think the current weights are:

-snip-

[ ".color"         => -2 ],

[ ".lego"          => -1 ]

These can be tweaked as necessary. And will be, if we can't get spotlighting to
highlight what we believe people truly want to see highlighted.

I would think you could figure that out by what they actually DO highlight. Why
would you need to try to guess? I WANT to see .color and .lego and if they have
to do an uphill battle thats not good IMHO.

Mark (and everyone), if you  have specific groups you want to see please go to
those groups and read them. The spotlight feature is ONLY to choose what gets
put on the front page and other "top stories" pages. It is NOT intended to
replace your own ability to browse the groups you're interested in.

Seeing posts that have got NO spotlight vote up at #2 and #3, and a few other
top spots, is not what I want to see (as it was yesterday for example). Is that
your guessing working? You are guessing we want to see something up there
despite the fact it got 0 spotlights?

However, if it is posted to .announce, there's a fair likelihood it will be
something reasonably important, though that DOES rely on the poster's common
sense.

ROSCO