 Administrative / General / 12012
12011  |  12013
Subject:
New spotlight weights( was Re: LDraw shortcut images in FTX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:12:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:

Interesting.  Cool even!  That would mean the top stories is more likely
to have actually interesting stuff, instead of the latest in whatever
monster thread is currently running. Does all of announce get a +5 as
well? Or is it just .announce.moc? Were the other weights changed? The
only others I know of is a -1 to all .off-topic stuff...

There will no doubt be a formal announcement for this, well, maybe this is it.

Here are what I think the current weights are:

   [ ".announce"      =>  2 ],
   [    ".moc"        =>  3 ],  # Net effect +5

   [ ".admin"         => -1 ],

   [ ".off-topic"     => -1 ],
   [    ".debate"     => -4 ],  # Net effect -5

   [ ".market"        => -1 ],

   [ ".color"         => -2 ],

   [ ".lego"          => -1 ]

These can be tweaked as necessary. And will be, if we can't get spotlighting to
highlight what we believe people truly want to see highlighted.